Recommended games

PeeWee

WarThunder is a free to play air combat game that plays fantastically with a mouse and keyboard in arcade battle mode, you can play proper coop missions but the control system is more realistic so will need a pad or joystick (the game is made by the people who made birds of steel for PS3)

just started playing War Thunder a couple of days ago, wasn't expecting much, was expecting the whole flight dynamics to be completely cack and idiot proof so as to make it playable for people with a complete lack of spacial awareness but was pleasantly surprised to find it has options for all styles of gameplay from realistic to simplistic.

Ive always liked my flight sim/war games but haven't seen a decent one for a long long time and especially one that tries to stay as close to realism as can possible, love the diving into a huge bunch of planes for a scrap and not having to worry about some tool firing a heat seeking missile from 200 miles away to take me out.

you get a pair of wings with a engine and some guns attached.....the rest is all down to skill piloting your plane and precision firing your guns, no stupid feckin massive advantages to anyone and no daft glitch tricks cheaters (so far anyway), so far I love it, great call Craig :cheers:

PS, beats the silly glitchy "world of tanks" all day long

Just wait until you unlock the beaufighter mate, that plane is so powerful, its not very manouverable so if someone gets behind you your shafted but if you sneak up on someone theyre on fire before they know youre there, from then on it only gets better but for a plane you unlock so early its almost silly

actually prefere the Hurricanes in British airforce, They have a nice balance of maneuverability and firepower, even the spitfires are lacking in punch compared, Id say they match the yanks aircobra in characteristic though the cobra has a great rate of acceleration over the Hurri's.

only just hit rank5 in the brits and Im still using my mk1,mk2 Hurricanes more and scoring higher kill rates with them over the others.

Id have stayed playing the yanks but if you even get a scuff on the Aircobras paintwork during a scrap the repair costs can wipe out upto 2 kills worth of exp meaning you HAVE to average 3-4 kills in the aircobra alone each mission, not a entirely hard kill rate to accomplish with the cobra but you find yourself hesitating to throw it into anything but a sure kill situ for fear of scratching it :rolleyes:

turn off autorepair, I play a few matches a night, using different countries each time so i actually only fly british once and my beaufighter takes 10 hours to fix for free so i never pay for repairs

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WarThunder is a free to play air combat game that plays fantastically with a mouse and keyboard in arcade battle mode, you can play proper coop missions but the control system is more realistic so will need a pad or joystick (the game is made by the people who made birds of steel for PS3)

just started playing War Thunder a couple of days ago, wasn't expecting much, was expecting the whole flight dynamics to be completely cack and idiot proof so as to make it playable for people with a complete lack of spacial awareness but was pleasantly surprised to find it has options for all styles of gameplay from realistic to simplistic.

Ive always liked my flight sim/war games but haven't seen a decent one for a long long time and especially one that tries to stay as close to realism as can possible, love the diving into a huge bunch of planes for a scrap and not having to worry about some tool firing a heat seeking missile from 200 miles away to take me out.

you get a pair of wings with a engine and some guns attached.....the rest is all down to skill piloting your plane and precision firing your guns, no stupid feckin massive advantages to anyone and no daft glitch tricks cheaters (so far anyway), so far I love it, great call Craig :cheers:

PS, beats the silly glitchy "world of tanks" all day long

Just wait until you unlock the beaufighter mate, that plane is so powerful, its not very manouverable so if someone gets behind you your shafted but if you sneak up on someone theyre on fire before they know youre there, from then on it only gets better but for a plane you unlock so early its almost silly

actually prefere the Hurricanes in British airforce, They have a nice balance of maneuverability and firepower, even the spitfires are lacking in punch compared, Id say they match the yanks aircobra in characteristic though the cobra has a great rate of acceleration over the Hurri's.

only just hit rank5 in the brits and Im still using my mk1,mk2 Hurricanes more and scoring higher kill rates with them over the others.

Id have stayed playing the yanks but if you even get a scuff on the Aircobras paintwork during a scrap the repair costs can wipe out upto 2 kills worth of exp meaning you HAVE to average 3-4 kills in the aircobra alone each mission, not a entirely hard kill rate to accomplish with the cobra but you find yourself hesitating to throw it into anything but a sure kill situ for fear of scratching it :rolleyes:

turn off autorepair, I play a few matches a night, using different countries each time so i actually only fly british once and my beaufighter takes 10 hours to fix for free so i never pay for repairs

well yer I could do that but I get hooked when I start playing so a intentional "couple of matches" turns into a hour long marathon of shotin the sh*t out of everything :pancake:

whats your in game name shaw, add me, scoop2004

think it gave me "shaw1" though Im not 100%..... think some tw4t had the gall to already have my "shawdreamer" handle

<mumbles under his breath "may they burn forever in the fires of hell">

• 2 years later...