Can anyone decode this reg? P709REV

cherrybeard

Please does anyone know how I can find out the colour code from the reg number above? I already know the colour, but I don't have access to information which will show me the shade variation.

I bought a new wing in pepper red a while ago not knowing about the shade differences and after compounding my car and the wing, it was definitely different.

many thanks

clarke

Please does anyone know how I can find out the colour code from the reg number above? I already know the colour, but I don't have access to information which will show me the shade variation.

I bought a new wing in pepper red a while ago not knowing about the shade differences and after compounding my car and the wing, it was definitely different.

many thanks

clarke

Are you sure your cars pepper red. As they did use another colour called neauvo red met which is very similar to pepper red.

You'll be very lucky to get a spot on colour match, with out blending the adjacent panels.

Your not really going to get what shade/variant it is from the registration, it will just give you the colour name. Variants will run from lighter, darker, paler, bluer, redder, greener, so your best bet it take it to an automotive paint supplier and they will colour match it for you.

My car is definitely pepper red and so is the donor car that the body parts are coming from as it says so on a metal plate in front of the rad. I can see what my shade of pepper red is by the main vin plate (shade is '13'), however the vin plate from the donor car is missing which is why I wondered whether someone could decode the reg number and possibly find this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
pretty sure you cant get the paint code from the chassis number that why you have a colour plate on the slam panel as well.

these show details on where it was built (ie country and factory), trim pattern, last 5 is the original engine nunber, etc.

Yep cheers mate. The colour plate only shows the colour, not the shade unfortunately. It has been a wild goose chase for about 6 months now. The only way I am going to find out is if I travel 300 miles to yorkshire and park my car next to it. Why did you get rid of the bloody vin plate wayne!!!!! :vangry: