Xbox One v PS4

eetaylog

And will cost a whole 100 quid more.

The whole cutting off of the 2nd hand gaming market is unbelievably stupid, especially now that sony have pretty much said they wont be doing the same thing. Its like MS wrote down everything they could do to release a successful product, and did completely the opposite on every front.

this is all why i still play mega drive lol

in order to play a game you have to take the following steps

- turn tv on

- select game

- put game in console

- turn console on

- play game

with my 360 however it goes something like this

- turn on tv

- select game

- put game in console

- find battery's for controller as xbox doesnt tell u when they are getting low, it just disconnects the controller mid game and unlike playstation u cant just plug the controller in for a bit and let it charge

- wait for controller to connect to xbox

- wait for xbox to connect to xbxox live

- wait to for xbox to tell me i need to update my game in order to play (bearing in mind i played it 3 days before)

- wait for xbox to download update

- wait for xbox to install update

- get confused by new dashboard (which is now slowing down the aging console with stupid flashyness and adverts i dont care about)

- eventually find the button which boots the game

- turn console off because by this point i cba to play the game as i only planned on playing for an hour but its taken me an hour to get the fcukin thing to boot the game

rant over

Absolutely love my xbox360 did buy a ps3 but was swiftly sold as I hate the controllers xbox ones fit far more comfortably in my hands (just my opinion) BUT im thinking I might have to change sides and join the PS lot as I would think are a vast majority of xbox users.

The controller IS the best thing on the console lol. Its so good to use and is a big factor to me. The playstation control has barely changed in the 4 incarnations of it lol. Im not hating on playstation but the control is rubbish. Its small and fiddly and doesnt sit nice. It feels like going back to a NES controller lol. I really hate the fact its barely changed.

Just seen a couple E3vids. There must be more cos I only saw games releases and info for 360, not alot to do with the 'technical issues' people are moaning about! Titanfall and Ryse -son of rome look awesome. Couple of the playstation ones look good too. In all fairness, i dont care if an xbox needs to be connected all the time to the internet, my router never turns off!lol . I do turn the xbox off at the plug overnight but it'll update as soon as i turn it back on...not really an issue. Also as for the '2nd hand' thing, Ive only ever had 3 pre-owned games overall. If there good games then I wont mind buying new or wait till they reduced.

Im going to Euro gamer later this year and cant wait to play both consoles to see which i will get.

On a positive note for the 360, they giving gold members 2 free games to download per month. Not sure when it starts but what a result.

this is all why i still play mega drive lol

in order to play a game you have to take the following steps

- turn tv on

- select game

- put game in console

- turn console on

- play game

- turn on tv

- select game

- put game in console

- find battery's for controller as xbox doesnt tell u when they are getting low, it just disconnects the controller mid game and unlike playstation u cant just plug the controller in for a bit and let it charge

- wait for controller to connect to xbox

- wait for xbox to connect to xbxox live

- wait to for xbox to tell me i need to update my game in order to play (bearing in mind i played it 3 days before)

- wait for xbox to download update

- wait for xbox to install update

- get confused by new dashboard (which is now slowing down the aging console with stupid flashyness and adverts i dont care about)

- turn console off because by this point i cba to play the game as i only planned on playing for an hour but its taken me an hour to get the fcukin thing to boot the game

rant over

You're doing it wrong. Idiot.

they've pretty much done what Sony did when they created the ps3........ massively reduced the prospective game base for a new console.

Sony came up with the ps3 and immediately chucked out the bombshell that older games wont be compatible in entry level models, an instant turn off that pretty much "gave" the market to MS's cheaper console and they happily took full advantage of their consoles backward compatible benefits which saw them easily snatch the sales up and even weather the "online" battle when Sony announced their console would be free to play online.

It would have been fair to assume MS would have logically learnt from their direct competitors previous mistake....but then they go and pretty much duplicate the exact same failure with the Xbox One.

On a personal note, I think the name they decided on is a awful mistake along with the looks.

previously Id be happy to tell the missus "Im going to a play on the 360"

somehow it sounds like I'm off to meat truncheon stroke Neo if I say "Im just off to play on the One"

pray tell...how am i supposed to do it

There's been 4 dashboard updates since June 20th 2012, only one of which has significantly changed the look or feel.

The Xbox does tell you when your battery is low. The lights on the Xbox icon on the control spin round. You can also press this button to see a battery meter. It also lets me charge while playing or when the console is off, so I'm not sure what you're doing.

- turn on tv

- select game

- put game in console

- find battery's for controller as xbox doesnt tell u when they are getting low, it just disconnects the controller mid game and unlike playstation u cant just plug the controller in for a bit and let it charge - then buy a rechargable battery pack with cable, I have two, only £6 each

- wait for controller to connect to xbox - mine connect instantly when cabled... 1-2seconds when remote

- wait for xbox to connect to xbxox live - mines set to auto sign in which means the moment it comes on screen Im online

- wait for xbox to download update - happens very rarely and usually only once when you purchase a new game, even then is takes a couple of seconds to download

- wait for xbox to install update - again a couple of seconds

- get confused by new dashboard (which is now slowing down the aging console with stupid flashyness and adverts i dont care about) - confused? how.... my 12yr old son doesnt get confused by his Xbox so just how the feck are you??

- turn console off because by this point i cba to play the game as i only planned on playing for an hour but its taken me an hour to get the fcukin thing to boot the game - Ive been meaning to ask, what is you occupation? brain surgeon?, international undercover agent/spy, commander of the universe???, I only ask because your time seems so desperatly important that you cant spare any for the want of 10 seconds of download and install time?

rant over