bonding plastic to metal

bongo

barring the fipg Toyota use to bond their alloy heads to cast bottom ends I cant think of a single bonding compound that could possibly beat Tigerseal and similar for sticking anything to just about.........well anything else.

Ive always got a tube knocking about for those occassions when you just have to bond something that must be done so well that you will nearly never be able to get the fecker back off.

currently my bumpstrips, Gti skirts, gti spats, various bits of modified dash parts and house roof solar panels are all held on entirely by TS (the panel is a aluminuim frame directly bonded onto a stone chip ceramic roof tile with zero surface prep required.....and Ill have to swap tiles if I ever want the panel off!)

The bonding that scottybo has mentioned, is also what vw use on door skins, on a plastic bracket to bond it to the door skin.

If you need any ive got some of the vw bonding at work, if you want it id quite happily post it to you as its just going to sit there other wise and not get used. :thumb: