P**sing window winders!!

nullspace

Right this is one thing I can help you with.

to take them off, there should be a the winder and a big plastic washer behind.

Get between the winder and the plastic washer thing.

get an old bit of cloth like a towel which is quit thick.

Put this in between those two bits and pull the cloth left and right until it grips the end of the clip.the clip will open up ,then remove the winder

this will work you dont need any other tool.and will not damage anything

dont give up.keep at it.its so easy when you do it.

you will feel so happy with your self because it is so simple

Thanks a lot for the replies, everyone. Yeah, if dalelc16's method doesn't work for me tomorrow i'll grab myself some hooks or a set of thin, curved, needle nose pliars. (You know the type - looks like they might be used to hold someone spleen together while being stitched up).

Right this is one thing I can help you with.

to take them off, there should be a the winder and a big plastic washer behind.

Get between the winder and the plastic washer thing.

get an old bit of cloth like a towel which is quit thick.

Put this in between those two bits and pull the cloth left and right until it grips the end of the clip.the clip will open up ,then remove the winder

this will work you dont need any other tool.and will not damage anything

dont give up.keep at it.its so easy when you do it.

you will feel so happy with your self because it is so simple

Okay chief... You're gunna have to gimme a bit more insight here.

From what you're saying... the clip on the handle will 'open' outwards, away from the handle itself, towards the door? I was under the impression it could only be pulled 'up' out of the handle - if that makes sense.

If this is right, then i think I get what you're saying - you slip this cloth so that it catches the clip at the back, between it and the handle itself, and then force it forwards (towards the door) to release. Is that correct?

If it works, you're a f'in genius and I applaud you, lol.

John

Edited by nullspace

Yeah, dalelc16 method works for me too, excepted I rotate window winder handle to release clip.

If I recall, ideally the clip shouldn't be removed from the winder handle during handle removal.

The top of the clip should be pressed downwards (on some handles pushed into a recess within the handle) which releases the sides of the clip so the handle can slide off the splines.

This may help too,

http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1i/bl120i.htm

Couldn't get the cloth method to work :(

But what i did do, was prise the spacer ring from the handle, and then feed a small flat-head screwdriver in to 'flick' the clip off at its 'bottom', if that makes sense.

Either way, after much swearing, they're all off.

Cheers,

John

Couldn't get the cloth method to work :(

But what i did do, was prise the spacer ring from the handle, and then feed a small flat-head screwdriver in to 'flick' the clip off at its 'bottom', if that makes sense.

Either way, after much swearing, they're all off.

Cheers,

John

steel ruler, or similar thin strip (a plastic shatterproof one will work for a while), you have to find were exactly the pins ends are and pull the ruler down onto them, doesn't totally release the pin but it does give you enough to wiggle the handle off.