Dip, Strip & Respray in Bristol

Neil-Serenade

Afternoon. As the title suggests. I purchased a front strut brace with the intention of just sanding it back and respraying it as it was described as good condition but when I received it I noticed a rust patch on the underside which looks quite bad as shown below. I don't have access to a grinder so my only other option is to get it dipped or sandblasted which would strip it back to metal so it can resprayed. Only want it plain black so was wondering if anyone knew of anybody in Bristol or local and how much I would be looking at. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/Neil-Rogers/IMG_20131003_095610_zps4899de48.jpg

For what it's worth, you might as well buy another one.

Probably cost in region of £40 to have it sandblasted and painted but I've only based that on cost of alloy wheel refurb prices I see advertised, per wheel.

If you removed paint n rust yourself and repainted; materials would cost in region of £40.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190842501543?ru=...1543%26_rdc%3D1

you all need to stop pussy footing about ffs.

get a wire brush on the tw4t, bit of cheap sandpaper to flat, small can of primer spray and similar can of whateverthefuck colour you want.

its a strut brace not a feckin Rembrandt people.

Its about its doing the job right the first time round instead of "pussy footing" about afterwards. I would rather take twice as ling and do a good job than a quick bodge one. As I said in my original post, if I thought I could have got away with sanding it back I would have done it by now and not ask for advice on here which when I looked was what part of this site was for? I enquired about that SPARC brace but was told it wouldn't fit a MK6.

sand the rust out, acid etch the bare metal, then topcoat.

You could send it to me, to be powder coated, for about £30 quid. but plus postage etc not really worth it

Thanks for the offer mate. Suppose there is no harm in trying yourself, just thought there would be someone local to me.

• 1 month later...