iPad Mini w/ Retina Display, or without?

wwwd

I bought my v1 on launch day, incredible screen quality and due to size and ppi.

Remember that the mini is of course a smaller area so the pixels are closer together regardless that its the same resolution as the ipad2.

Basically even though same resolution the ipad mini is far clearer than the ipad 2 and some say hard to tell between the larger ipad retina.

I love my mini and don't see any reason to upgrade.

Do remember though that the v2 mini houses the new A7 chip that is both faster and 64bit but again, my v1with the A5 Dual core chip doesn't struggle with the highest tasks anyway.

I was surprised they priced it so high as Apple usually keep the same release price. Ipad air is £399 same as all the older generation full sized releases so I expected the mini to release at £279 like my V1 was and not £319?

Oddly this brings the two current versions of Air and Mini very close in price at only £80 difference.

HD plays fine too.

Edited by PeeWee

Basically even though same resolution the ipad mini is far clearer than the ipad 2 and some say hard to tell between the larger ipad retina.

People cannot tell the difference between the iPad mini v1 and the iPad 4 retina?! Having spent time with both, I'd argue the difference is pretty significant..

Anyway, no complaints with my Retina (large). I originally picked up a Nexus 7 (which, again, had a better resolution / HD capability than the ipad mini). I used mine primarily for travel/HD movie content, but upgraded to the ipad4/Retina because I prefer Apple products.

Unless you absolutely must pick up an Apple (which some people prefer, like me) I'd take a look at the Nexus before you do anything else..

People cannot tell the difference between the iPad mini v1 and the iPad 4 retina?! Having spent time with both, I'd argue the difference is pretty significant..

Anyway, no complaints with my Retina (large). I originally picked up a Nexus 7 (which, again, had a better resolution / HD capability than the ipad mini). I used mine primarily for travel/HD movie content, but upgraded to the ipad4/Retina because I prefer Apple products.

Unless you absolutely must pick up an Apple (which some people prefer, like me) I'd take a look at the Nexus before you do anything else..

I did say some lol.

I still don't think the retina is a big enough must have on a smaller device, full size iPad well yes of course.

I have spent time with the Nexus 7 and the iPad mini and found although incredible value for money the Nexus 7 was frustrating in comparison.

Another selling point over Android is pro music software, something Android has yet to achieve, but that's a personal requirement of course.