zetec turbo converstion

dalelc16

One is 2mm and the other is 2.5.

Which is the best? also headgasket how many 2 0r 1.?

Also taking into count having the head skimmed.

So regards the ecu, is dubs link the better one to go for?

Im looking at leat 200bhp on a 1.8 but more the better.

Also the inlet manifold which would people recommend to use?

The standard gti platsic one.

Rover turbo

The mk5 efi metal one

Intercooler? Best

Rover turbo

The mk5 efi metal one

Intercooler? Best

if your going to run a decomp plate its not as simple as buying one and throwing it on, you need to work out what comp ratio suits your spec first, people have run 2 head gaskets but others have bonded the plate to the block and then used one between the plate and the head.

a standard gasket will be more than adequate for the power you want.

imo theres no point in running a rover inlet as it requires fabrication work to make it fit. i'm running a blacktop inlet, cheap as chips and bolts straight on with no messing about. pretty much the same inlet thats fitted to the mk1 focus rs

my last mk6 turbo had an s2 rs turbo airtec front mount fitted which was more than enough for 200 bhp

theres a lot of info here, might be worth having a read through this

zetec turbo guide

Rover turbo

The mk5 efi metal one

Intercooler? Best

if your going to run a decomp plate its not as simple as buying one and throwing it on, you need to work out what comp ratio suits your spec first, people have run 2 head gaskets but others have bonded the plate to the block and then used one between the plate and the head.

a standard gasket will be more than adequate for the power you want.

imo theres no point in running a rover inlet as it requires fabrication work to make it fit. i'm running a blacktop inlet, cheap as chips and bolts straight on with no messing about. pretty much the same inlet thats fitted to the mk1 focus rs

my last mk6 turbo had an s2 rs turbo airtec front mount fitted which was more than enough for 200 bhp

theres a lot of info here, might be worth having a read through this

zetec turbo guide

very true, either of the decomp plates i provided will do, however you do have to take into consideration that the more you reduce the compression of the engine, the more boost you can throw in, on paper giving more power.....but your levels of boost will be severely limited by the standard pistons and rods.

if you decide to change and uprate the pistons and the rods then there would have been little point in going down the decompression plate route, and might has well have just fitted some forged items that were purpose built for a zetec turbo

i would go for something like a t25 turbo from a saab, small enough to provide quick spooling and readily available boost. that should be more than capable of meeting your 200bhp mark

have you also considered the additional strain on the drive train, and uprated clutch would be required to handle the massive increase in power, and an lsd would be advisable as well