Film 2014 With Sidrick (And Friends)

sidrick

This Is The End.

A group of friends all take refuge at James Franco's freshly built house during the apocalypse.

Umm, not much to say really, one of Seth Rogans and Franco's usual films, Pineapple Express flavour, it was alright, watchable, but not any real decent humour, the odd giggle here and there. Expected more to be honest. Jonah Hill was probably the best one.

6/10

• 2 weeks later...

The Prestige.

The rivalry between two magicians (Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale) becomes more exacerbated by their attempt to perform the ultimate illusion.

Brilliant film, i had never heard about it before until it came up on google as i was searching for something to watch, like both actors and im glad i watched it. 10 out of 10 for acting from both and a clever film

9/10

Robocop.

Hmmm. Well..... I always liked to see a remake although they are NEVER as good as the originals...and this film proved it!

Its not a bad film generally but its not good as a Robocop film. There is a serious lacking of action in the film. All the action in the original of him 'cleaning up the streets' is not present here. He just has one agenda that comes to a real poor finish, not an all action, high adrenaline end but a dull, boring predictive end.

On the good sides the guy playing Robocop was good, as was Gary Oldman. Samuel L Jackson did not need to be in this film!

ok to watch if it was on the box or dvd rental but not a great cinema at all!

6/10

• 3 weeks later...

End Of Watch

Shot documentary-style, this film follows the daily grind of two young police officers in LA who are partners and friends, and what happens when they meet criminal forces greater than themselves.

I loved it! Funny and moving. Really shows what they go through.

8.2/10

Robocop.

6/10

That's disappointing!

Ive made a point of generally avoiding remakes, a point that was further emphasized when "Dredd" popped up.

gone was all the fun ridiculous action and mass family entertainment to be replaced with masses of needless violence and over vivid blood and gore, imho it stopped being a action film and quickly became a horror.

about the only exception to this rule (though not exactly remakes as whole universe the story is based in is altered) would be the new Star Treks.

Though Im by no means a "Trekkie" I have loved the various series since way back when I was a sprog and I have to say the new ones cling more closely to the flavour of the original.

i thought the new dredd was fairly decent, way better than the 1995 (i think) version

I like the original but I actually really enjoyed the remake too.

300: Rise of an empire.

Same vein as the original 300. After the 300 Spartans meet their demise the rest of Greece come together to fight xerces and his Persian army.

Great graphic Style. High action throughout. And a bangin' pair of boobies :thumb:

Very enjoyable and the 3D aspect was good too. 8/10

i thought the new dredd was fairly decent, way better than the 1995 (i think) version

I like the original but I actually really enjoyed the remake too.

300: Rise of an empire.

Same vein as the original 300. After the 300 Spartans meet their demise the rest of Greece come together to fight xerces and his Persian army.

Great graphic Style. High action throughout. And a bangin' pair of boobies :thumb:

Very enjoyable and the 3D aspect was good too. 8/10

Sick! I've been looking forward to this! Might go see it this weekend. I heard it was good, loved the first one. Gotta be in my top 10 favourite films.