Film 2014 With Sidrick (And Friends)

sidrick

Dallas Buyers Club:

Not much to say about this that you won't already know. Matthew McConaughey plays a lad who gets HIV and if very good in it, as is Jared Leto. I put it off because I thought it might be too srs biz and hard work to watch with a few beers, but it's really good, not too long with some dark humour too. Get it watched. 9/10

The 2nd Hunger Games:

Better than the 1st Hunger Game. 7.5/10

Last Vegas:

Old all star cast go to Vegas for a bachelor party and spend 90 minutes making jokes about how old they all are. Idea has been done to death but this one is slightly better than the ones with Christopher Walken or Al Pacino. Generous 6/10

I, Frankenstein:

As a standalone film it's pretty good, but as a Frankenstein film I don't like it. Frankenstein's monster should be a monster, not just have a few scars, perfect hair, speak fluently, climb up buildings, run about the place like a superhero, etc. Some nice effects. 7/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Need for speed

My god this was really bad. I half expected a flash back to early F&F movies with back to roots street racing.

What we are subjected to is poor storyline, bad acting. Incredibly cheesy lines and unrealistic car scenes.

Miss this at all cost.

2/10

• 4 weeks later...

anyone seen that new tom cruise film yet? hes a turd actor and i dislike him, got lured into his last piece of crap oblivion.....

anyway im on about the one where he dies a lot and come backs, the armour suit things look incredible!

anyone seen that new tom cruise film yet? hes a turd actor and i dislike him, got lured into his last piece of crap oblivion.....

anyway im on about the one where he dies a lot and come backs, the armour suit things look incredible!

I unno why everyone hates Tom Cruise. I think he's great aha. Days of Thunder \m/

End of Watch

Just finished watching this after it being on my shelf for ages! About 2 cops south central L.A. going about their patrols whilst recording how their days go. After a routine traffic stop they stumble across something thats the start of a motion of events that put them.....in the 5hit....so to speak!

Great acting from both Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. You really do like these two and the bond they have as partners. not that long a film either at 109mins.

If you like a good cop film then give this a go. 8.5/10

• Like 1

Django unchained.

Only just got around to watching this! Couldnt resist as it was only a fiver from Sainsburys......Other supermarkets are available!

Wont give any story details as could spoil it if you watch this. I thought it was REALLY good. Great characters that interact well together. Good story with plenty of Tarrantino comedy/blood splatter...but not in a too over the top way.....maybe bar 1 bit but it just adds to the effect.

9/10

300 Rise of an Empire.

Oooooooh myyyyyy Gaaaaawd. Hell yes. I have been putting this off for sometime expecting it to be no where near as good as the first one. I have never been so pleased to be proven wrong. I think i enjoyed it MORE than the first one and i do love 300.

Amazing film, great effects.

9/10

• 4 weeks later...

Non Stop

Stars Liam Neeson and Julianne Moore. A sky marshal aboard a flight is sent a message saying someone will die every 20 minutes unless he follows instructions. A typical Liam Neeson film really. Ok plot but nothing new, decent acting and good action when it comes. I do like the classic 'who done it' style plot. Will grip you till the end and added bonus of not being that long a film at 1hr 40mins. Pretty much out the same Liam Neeson box as Taken and Unknown.

Highly recommend to anyone, would have no problem watching again. 8.75/10 from me.

It won't win any Oscars granted but I thought it was plenty enjoyable and although its a bit of a tried and tested film template it didn't bother me. Its short and sweet and good enough for a laid back evenings viewing. I found it enjoyable enough anyway but I can understand your view.

• 2 weeks later...

Sabotage - Arnie's new one. It's a bit like the expendables in setup and shot like Rambo 4 with very realistic blood and gore. Arnie must be back on the juice as he looks much younger and more agile than he did in The Last Stand. Surprisingly good film. 8.5/10

The new Muppets film, whatever it's called - Usual fare from the muppets except rather than being about some little idiot human muppet liek the last one it's mainly about Kermit and the gang. Couple of LOL moments. Again, surprisingly good. 8/10

Need for Speed - Excellently shot and some breathtaking scenes and sounds, but plot is hilariously bad. Jesse Pinkman can't act. 6/10