My 1.3 encore

miniman1969

Would defo be worth hooking all the front suspension off as well. Will be much stiffer than ur mk5 stuff. And the front will have an anti roll bar! Which im sure the turd spec mk5 didnt.

Also remember u will need an exhaust as the estate one is different at the back

Suspension won't fit from MK6 to MK5. You will need to transfer subframe too as rack has different mounting points on mk6 too

is it not just a case of fitting the existing top mount from the mk5 shock absorber. i know the rears are identical bar the top mount

Nope, with all due respect Scott you are giving inaccurate advice:

- Front suspension will not fit with just a top mount change, the anti roll bar position is all wrong too

- On hatchbacks the rear suspension is completely different and will not fit unless you drill some new holes (wouldn't recommend it)

- Door cards I think will fit with a swap over of door handles

- Seats isn't a case of just changing the runners, different mounting points and widths etc meaning it's a custom job

Also springs are different shapes on mk5&6's. As in they won't locate in the shocks and mounts. Subframe swap is easy. There is a guide online if you want to reuse mk6 dash. You will prob need every wire out the mo6 to make the engine run right.