anything you wouldnt drive?

scottybo

just a discussion i guess, are there any car manufacturers, that you simply wouldnt own or drive any of their cars?

vauxhall is a swear word in my house. theyre disgusting. they dont look nice, they dont drive nice. and even the newest vauxhalls are unreliable heaps of sh!t

when i was working there a few years back and the new shape corsa came out, the amount that came in with broken camshafts was unbelievable

just a discussion i guess, are there any car manufacturers, that you simply wouldnt own or drive any of their cars?

vauxhall is a swear word in my house. theyre disgusting. they dont look nice, they dont drive nice. and even the newest vauxhalls are unreliable heaps of sh!t

when i was working there a few years back and the new shape corsa came out, the amount that came in with broken camshafts was unbelievable

I didnt mind my AStra H, felt a bit more sturdy than my previous Focus's and the interior was a bit more pleasant a place to sit (it had a chunky manly feel to the controls), granted it never even came close to any of the focus's in terms of handling and drivability but it was less tiring to drive over extended runs (I often did the liverpool to bournemouth dash for arranged clubbing events) so in general it made a better cruiser mile muncher.

admittedly not long after buying it the dash went apeshit and resulted in the need to change out the cab/dash wiring and the dash itself (further complicated by the fact that due to the cars newness on the market at the time even the dealer couldnt get hold of exact dash replacement and I had to put up with a Vectra dash till the proper one came in.....thankfully all well inside warranty)

Ill give it this though, it stood up to a kicking like no other car Id ever known, this was highlighted when a heavy tonnage lorry driven by a less than awake toolbag decided to make me the filling of a crash barrier/lorry butty on a M56 sliproad which systematically stripped the skin of both sides of the car I had the oportunity to check the lorries wheelnut indicators as they span along my drivers window edge.

I've been driving a vauxhall van for last 5 years as a postie its had a couple of blips in 73000 miles but generally its been quite reliable considering the abuse it takes. In answer to your question don't think there's any car i wouldn't drive most new cars today look pretty good even a kia perhaps a dacia would be my most unlikely choice of car.

Jeep.

Unfortunately due to me being a Fiat tech i have to work on these, so badly made, terrible software, computer never connects to them and when it does you find out it's the emulator which is like working with a 1980's computer.

Here's a current on going recall for you, randomly explosive airbags. Pi55ed myself when i read the job card the first time.

Jeep.

Unfortunately due to me being a Fiat tech i have to work on these, so badly made, terrible software, computer never connects to them and when it does you find out it's the emulator which is like working with a 1980's computer.

Here's a current on going recall for you, randomly explosive airbags. Pi55ed myself when i read the job card the first time.

if you drive one of those things you deserve random explosions to face.

Jeep.

I did read about the random airbags. That could kill people ffs.

I've been driving a vauxhall van for last 5 years as a postie its had a couple of blips in 73000 miles but generally its been quite reliable considering the abuse it takes. In answer to your question don't think there's any car i wouldn't drive most new cars today look pretty good even a kia perhaps a dacia would be my most unlikely choice of car.

U would drive a nissan cube?

Jeep.

if you drive one of those things you deserve random explosions to face.

Exactly right, horrible looking, horrible to drive, horrible to work on, nothing good about them whatsoever, mind you Fiat and Dodge aren't much better.

I always said that I would never drive a Vauxhall.

Sold the Puma on e bay within 5 hours of listing it on Sunday as my mate had a 52 plate vectra c

diesel going for silly money.Good condition,quiet,comfortable,hopefully reliable,but most of all,

economical for the aforementioned future son in law to use for work(yes,he is still a wet nelly!) :nutter:

Picking it up Saturday,Puma leaving Saturday so its car clean Saturday in our house :cheers:

Regards Andy

Sold the Puma on e bay within 5 hours of listing it on Sunday as my mate had a 52 plate vectra c

diesel going for silly money.Good condition,quiet,comfortable,hopefully reliable,but most of all,

economical for the aforementioned future son in law to use for work(yes,he is still a wet nelly!) :nutter:

Picking it up Saturday,Puma leaving Saturday so its car clean Saturday in our house :cheers:

Regards Andy

wait wait feckin wait

I chose to swap out from my last ST focus for a Astra H for practical reasons (boot was more usable and getting my lad in and out was much more simple)

from what your telling us...........

you chose to swap out from a Ford Puma to <forces down the bile that has risen instinctively to his throat>.....a Vectra???

your a sick sick person and need help!

Unfortunately andy im with shaw on this one. Vectras are disgusting. They look like crap. They handle like crap. The engines performance is lacking. Even the 3l v6 does little the liven it up.....and the interior makes me want to remove my own knee caps with a teaspoon lol

But from memory shaw does occasionaly drive a shitron spaxo.....so he must have tiny size 3 girls feet lol

on a serious note those little saxos are pretty quick. But i press all 3 peddles at once!

Regards Andy

wait wait feckin wait

I chose to swap out from my last ST focus for a Astra H for practical reasons (boot was more usable and getting my lad in and out was much more simple)

from what your telling us...........

you chose to swap out from a Ford Puma to <forces down the bile that has risen instinctively to his throat>.....a Vectra???

your a sick sick person and need help!

You said you swapped the ST for practical reasons?Thats why I swapped the Puma for the Vectra!!

The Pumas rear suspension rubbers were shot to shite,exhaust was blowing,windscreen had a bullet hole in the drivers

vision,headlights worked whenever they felt like it.Yeh,I must be sick to get a 52 plate with a years mot and 4 months tax,no rust for £250,along with the bonus that wet nelly will be driving it,not me.

Tut tut ,naughty me.(And i got £295 for it,which is 65 quid more than I paid for it.)

Nevermind,the Fiesta will be replaced in 2 years time for a 5 door ST.

It's got to be a 5 door......................for practical reasons!!!!!!!!!!!! :innocent:

Regards Andy

Vauxhall are not that bad, some of them have their problems. Worst Vauxhall driven were those Combo Corsa vans from the 90's utter piece of rubbish. Pee poor handling shity pedals etc.

Cars I would not be seen to own EVER, would be a Toyota Prius (fuckin retard car), smart car, Gee Wizz, Nissan Cube, Fiat Multipla