Heated screen loom removal

hench

Tried to take the loom out of a ghia x I'm breaking I unplugged it from the drivers side over to the relay, how the hell do I disconnect when it goes into the wing? It's doing my nut :nutter:

Did the car you were trying to take it out of have aircon? If so the screen and AC wiring is in the same loom so will be a pain to remove. If not then the loom only goes up to the bonnet hinges where it then plugs into the screen, some have extra wiring for heated washer jets

I just had a quick look on my finesse what I want to fit the loom to, and there is a plug connected with purple cables into the grey socket, however there is no relay, can't see if the holder is there, and can't see any connections for the screen it's self any 1 had this?

The plug near the wiper motor is for the AC and screen or just the screen or just the AC. There is 12 wires in the plug, I think the top 4 are for the screen, the others are for the AC.

It would be easier to find a car without AC to get the loom out of, as the AC wiring goes all around the bay.

If your car has AC the plug will already be in use for that, so you would need to cut and join the screen wires, these wire are only to switch on the relay.

there is a plug either side with an earth each side,unplug/unbolt these..disconnect thick red wire from relay box on the positive battery terminal,then there's a grey relay behind the battery on the rear of the plastic surround behind the battery,hey presto!!!

If I can find the wiring diagrams may b I can take the screen wiring and relay holder from the scrap car and add theses extra wires to my existing aircon loom

Yes you could do that.

there is a plug either side with an earth each side,unplug/unbolt these..disconnect thick red wire from relay box on the positive battery terminal,then there's a grey relay behind the battery on the rear of the plastic surround behind the battery,hey presto!!!

That's only if the car doesn't have ACif it does it's all combined.