Damp patch :vangry: HELP!

JC

Sunroof drainage pipe been disturbed and not allowing water to escape from vehicle, however, I can't remember the correct route of drainage pipe.

Maybe water entering through speedo cable grommet, behind wiper motor.

Water entering via window seal, running down inside of door and through door drainage holes into foot well when door closed

Worse case; corrosion under the wiper motor area and hole created.

Corrossion under carpet, either the floor pan front seam adjacent to base of foot pedels or where floor meets rear of sill under the car.

Sunroof drainage pipe been disturbed and not allowing water to escape from vehicle, however, I can't remember the correct route of drainage pipe.

Maybe water entering through speedo cable grommet, behind wiper motor.

Water entering via window seal, running down inside of door and through door drainage holes into foot well when door closed

Worse case; corrosion under the wiper motor area and hole created.

Corrossion under carpet, either the floor pan front seam adjacent to base of foot pedels or where floor meets rear of sill under the car.

you forgot one of the most common culprits?

heater matrix/pipe failure

a Gti I did some work on dumped its matrix wad in both its footwells, on that occassion the drivers side was by far the most "squishy" underfoot.

you could have happily grown grass in there.......... which now gives me a a rather funny idea for a mod :))

• Like 2

a Gti I did some work on dumped its matrix wad in both its footwells, on that occassion the drivers side was by far the most "squishy" underfoot.

you could have happily grown grass in there.......... which now gives me a a rather funny idea for a mod :))

indoor garden?

• Like 1

Could also be the sills blocked up with mud. I used to stick a coat hanger end or small screwdriver to clear them. Also when I remover the inner wing liners always cleared the mud crap build up in there.

Heater matrix usually leaks onto the nearside.

where about does one clear the sills? The wing liners were removed about 6mths ago and cleared, and the car hasn't been used too much since....

thanks for your reply :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can i ask have you had the trim off the drivers door?

I had a leak on the drivers side and it turn out to be the plastic sheet stuck behind the door trim wasn't stuck to the door properly.

The water was running down inside the door as its was suppose to but then it would run between the door card and metal at the bottom of the door instead of out the drain holes.

It would then run over the door sill and into the foot well.

• Like 1

I had a mk3 that had grass growing in the footwells got to a point where I had to mow it every two weeks :roll: cant get more eco friendly than that. :thumb:

Can i ask have you had the trim off the drivers door?

I had a leak on the drivers side and it turn out to be the plastic sheet stuck behind the door trim wasn't stuck to the door properly.

The water was running down inside the door as its was suppose to but then it would run between the door card and metal at the bottom of the door instead of out the drain holes.

It would then run over the door sill and into the foot well.

Good point i'll check that too, cheers