wheel archs to cover wheels

Dyl

Hi folks, got a set of 7js to fit my van, clear the inside lovely, but stick out 10mm past the bodywork, & as our dear local constabulary are rather keen on wheels staying within the body work, I don't want to upset them lol!!

So any one got any cheepy arches, or know where to get any from/suggestions etc. I don't mind spacing out the wheels a little more & getting something like 25mm/30mm if I can ever find any!!

Got any ideas?

Does that not catch when you drive?

Havn't driven with the 7s on yet, I hope not cos I really like them. Still sorting out tyres for them atm. offered the rims on & 10mm sticking out!! I'll let you know & stick some piccies up if they don't rub!

what about flaring the arches out??

Not sure how to do that, is that actually stretching the arch out with a proper tool Sleeman?

You can use an arch rolling tool that fits to the hub and then you roll it backwards and forwards while slowly winding it out further. Or get busy with a hammer and gently work your way around. Will 10mm really matter? I've seen some cars are a lot worse than a measly 10mm.

You can use an arch rolling tool that fits to the hub and then you roll it backwards and forwards while slowly winding it out further. Or get busy with a hammer and gently work your way around. Will 10mm really matter? I've seen some cars are a lot worse than a measly 10mm.

there was a Pigyacht with a full Dimma kit knocking around my area a few monthes back and I swear to god his rear wheels stuck out so much it looked like he'd bolted a set of space savers to his alloys.

heard the lad who owned it talking in my local shopping centre.......... it was all "dis init, ano init, chillin init", made my teeth grind so much that I had to move out of earshot or it was gonna be "lamped in the snoz init" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Depressing init! lol! Hey, Shawdreamer, whats a pigyacht?

Thanks for comments guys, I think that getting some rubber on the rims, & test drive is next. My neighbour is MOT tester & reckons as long as the tread is under bodywork then is legal, so will see whats its like with tyres now, might not need arches after all. But like the idea of roller.

I did the hammer thing nearly 30 years ago to my old 3.0 Essex powered 64 Zephyr, & slipped some 10" wolfies under the rear end, then matt blacked it. A tool in its day!! You could hammer it all day long with out any flex on panels, thing was built like a battleship!!

any treat visible past the arch is an immediate mot failure. Second to that when u hit a bump and it rubs like a slut lol