anyone have experience with Sicma Trikes/Qauds

shawdreamer

My lads starting sixth form next year and as some know he is restricted to a wheelchair more or less all day.

Uptil now the local council have been a great help supplying taxi transport for him every morning (along with a few kids that live a fair distance from their chosen schools) but he's naturally wanting to rely less on others as he grows up.

long story short he wants to be more independent and his first target is to commute to school/sixth form under his own power.

Ive came across the Sicma vehicles before (A few will recall James May trundling about in one on top gear (the Qpod) when they were testing out quads and buggies and he had a sore 4rse) and I thought them simply more of a gimmick than a useful vehicle but it struck me as a possible solution to Owens transport needs, specially as their entry level "Funtech" model has a limited 50cc motor and can be driven at 16 on a CBT and is road legal!....ideal for his mini daily commute at least on paper I think. (1.2miles to school 1.2miles back)

Only thing is I a ZERO knowledge on these things but given as they seem to actually be getting quite popular over here someone might have came across one or better still had a go.

anyone?

any advice or alternative suggestions would be appreciated also.

• Like 1

I dont know a great deal other than theyre french

Which is bad news for electrics!

However......

They are quite fairly priced and definitely cool to have as a 16 year old. With only a very small single cylinder engine there is very little to go wrong really and wont go fast enough for him to hurt himself :)

• Like 1

I dont know a great deal other than theyre french

Which is bad news for electrics!

However......

They are quite fairly priced and definitely cool to have as a 16 year old. With only a very small single cylinder engine there is very little to go wrong really and wont go fast enough for him to hurt himself :)

hurt himself?

yanno how as kids when we got dragged out shopping and begged to push the trolley so you could jump on the bar and ride it down the aisles when ya mum wasnt looking (tbh I still occasionally do it now but the glare the missus gives me is terrifying.....and a little amusing) well thats Owen, all day, everyday.

If he can survive his own personal version of Mario Kart all around the local Asda (he gets the "Mummy" variant of the glare I get... has about the same effect) he can survive one of those things.

Ive been trundling about what little sites there are for these things and first impressions are they look like a right grin (selling point for him there) but at the sametime I couldnt help wondering why anyone buys those god awful G-wiz things when you can have one of these Qpods that just seem so much more practical and Im guessing probably more economical............£12 to fill a tank........ a G-wiz would cost you that charging it every feckin night.

Think Ill see If I can track down a 50cc version for him before he starts sixth form, Even if he just uses it for a year until he can get his full license at 17 Ill just keep it myself and have a laff with it :)