F1 2015

stuey650

Anyone on here following it?  What did you make of the first race?  Thought it was pretty bland myself but at least there's plenty off track policitics as usual to keep things interesting.  Sauber driver problems, Marussia car problems, Alonso out for first face and as for Honda power...

I think it was a joke, but nobody is laughing. Between removing refuelling, going 1 tyre manufacturer, changing the engines, restricting testing and the general financial shambles of some teams, they've properly ruined the sport. No German GP this season, another clusterfuck.

I've no interest in seeing one man lead a precession home for 80% of the races in a season. Whether it's Hamilton, Vettel or Schumacher. The decision makers need to GTF and the good ol' days brought back.

Admittedly, the off-track drama has been interesting, but none of it is positive. The opening GP of the season starting with what, 15 cars? Madness. Marussia being there when they admit they can't even start the cars engine...... crazy.

Red Bull moaning about Mercedes' dominance and demanding a level playing field is hilarious.

I gave up with F1 right about the time that you could go out and buy a road legal car that was faster.

So you much still be watching it then?

Coulnd't agree more with your comment Sid, IMO Bernie needs to go, he's overstayed his welcome already.  When he goes either volunterly or in a box there will be big changes I'm sure, until then however...

I think Red Bull are just making noises to be honest, I can't see it would reflect well on the brand if they pulled the plug as soon as things stopped going their way.  In some respects I agree with what they are trying to do, i.e level the playing field in terms of engines.  That said, although it feels like we're at the start of a Mercedes dominant era we're only 1 year in to that at the moment if indeed it was to happen, and Red Bull have the run of the field for 4 years without change so its seems too early to be complaining yet.

It was a pretty boring race. I'm glad Lewis has a car he can do well with and he'll end up with his third WDC crown this year I'm sure but something does need to be done to fix this mess. Get rid of Bernie and do something to jazz it up. Bring back A1 GP. A 1 make series with cars that really push technology forward and put out over 1000HP would be better than this rubbish