rev meter help

Can any one shine some light on this problem which started yesterday,

As seen in the quick video when the ignition is switch on the needle rises before coming to a rest then on start up it jumps to 2.5k but engine does not rise. The car is driving normal as ever infact its just passed its mot on friday.

The rattling noise in the video is coins in the ash tray. Any help apprecaite also maybe worth noting if i disconnect the maf sensors this no longer happens how ever i was told because doing this puts the car into limp mode?

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129/allanmichealsmith/Mobile%20Uploads/2015%20album/th_20150718_165245_zpscfgymn03.jpg

Any one? Ive also noticed my glow plug relay clicks once when the ignition is on but no longer does the 2nd click ready to start up id estimate these 2 issues starting together or certainly with a day of one another maybe share the same earth or wire along the way? Any suggestions welcome im dont know where to start any more.

http://s303.photobucket.com/user/allanmichealsmith/media/20150720_184543_zpsmvsjkjs8.mp4.html

Hey sleeman, thanks for the reply, no i havent tried swapping the clocks as i simple dont have another digital one.

But i was right in thinking the problems are related how i dont know? Haha but as soon as ive disconnected the maf sensor the rev metre is 100% normal & my glow plug relay then begins to fuction correctly cutting of the glow plugs after 9 seconds or so.

Which leads me to beleive a bad wire some where but i dont know which they have in common? The maf sensor was brand new 2 months ago is thats worth mentioning.

The car actually feels just as good with it disconnected why is it most modern car will run like crap with in not connected but nothing seems to affect these old diesels?

No, this issue only started a few days ago, the maf sensor had been on for a couple of month, i think my only other option is an auto electrician but be-grudge £40 an hour just to tell me theres a issue in the wiring then extra to rectify it.