computer peeps

alan_edward

I a, repairing a machine at the moment. It is a packard bell. I installed windows and the machine keeps on resetting after a while, when loading.

It does not even finish the installation, instead at a certain point, it keeps on resetting.

Any ideas?

I am thinking may be the motherboard. But I dont want to come to conclusions yet..

It is defenitely not to do with windows, as I have tried all versions, 98, me, 2k and xp....

but on xp and 2k it resets earlier on than in 98. very confused.

Cheers

I a, repairing a machine at the moment.  It is a packard bell.  I installed windows and the machine keeps on resetting after a while, when loading.

It does not even finish the installation, instead at a certain point, it keeps on resetting.

Any ideas?

I am thinking may be the motherboard.  But I dont want to come to conclusions yet..

It is defenitely not to do with windows, as I have tried all versions, 98, me, 2k and xp....

but on xp and 2k it resets earlier on than in 98.  very confused.

Cheers

sorry wrong section!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

back to my computer repair update:

I managed to install windows on another machine and plugged the hd into this computer and it simply restarts straight away.

Changed video card and restarts too.

I think it is the motherboard or the RAM or even the great BIOS. I have replaced every other component and it simply does not wanna work.

start from scratch remove all partitions from the HDD then create a new one(it will be FAT 32 file system but u'll need to convert it after installing xp to NTFS), format the drive, scan disk it ! then start installing but make sure it's not ur boot disk! THAT is a cause of a lot of problems make a fresh one!