true ? or false?

giorgiotzino

hallo, today I went to the local garage here in guildford to find out whats wrong with my engine (1.4 efi clx) cause it acts funny revs keep going up and down and it has lost most of its power. Whell tha guy told me that one of the cylinders is not working but !!! it has compretion so he said that the prob is on the coil that distritubes power to the spark plugs. I said ok how much is that gonna be and he told me 150 - 180 pounds :curse: Someone here in the forum told me that I can get another 2.0l engine for somewhere around 200 pounds so I asked the guy how about puting another engine not 2.0 but 1.6 or 1.8 and he said no way this can be done because of the electronics and some other stuf whell is this true???? or he is bull :censored: ing me???? (my engine has over 100,000 miles) What should I do fix it or not?????

Thanx

yours will be more complicated, as its not a zetec engine you have in allready. if you allready had a 1.6/1.8 zetec the work would be alot eaiser.

u will need a new loom if your going from a 1.4 to a 1.6 zetec. u could buy a rear ended one and swap it all over. or possiably go for a 1.6 cvh from a xr2i or similar fiesta :)

I know its cheaper to fix the same engine but If I could get an other engine bigger than mine mounted for about 600 pounds I would just change it. Spend around 200 pounds just for the coil imo is too much. Can someone tell me how much can this cost?? and also can you tell me whats a loom I checked my dictionary and doesnt say lol :P thanx for repling :cheers:

can you tell me whats a loom I checked my dictionary and doesnt say lol

Loom = massive bunch of wires!

My mates at Guildford uni, went to visit him 2 weeks ago, did the usual student thing of getting pissed in wetherspoons then getting turned away from The Drink and Time nightclubs :censored:

I know its cheaper to fix the same engine but If I could get an other engine bigger than mine mounted for about 600 pounds I would just change it. Spend around 200 pounds just for the coil imo is too much. Can someone tell me how much can this cost?? and also can you tell me whats a loom I checked my dictionary and doesnt say lol  :P  thanx for repling :cheers:

If you can go from a 1.4 CVH, to a Zetec, complete with all modifications required to get it in, fuel tank, pump, ecu, wiring loom, engine, manifolds, injectors, air mass meter, blah blah.. for £600.. i'll eat my hat 8)

You have just fcued up all my plans - dreams  guys :(  :(  LOL.  I NEED MORE POWER PLEASE it only has 75 HP, I dont want to change the car I really really like it. Are there any mods I can do to increase to HP in this engine??? Any help appreciated :)

thanx again :cheers:

n2o :thumb: