Funny Revs

Rob84

It's not been 48 hours since i've cleaned my air filter, and my engine wants to keep on revving when i pull up to traffic lights, roundabouts etc, even if i engine brake down to below 1000rpm, it comes back up to 3K odd and slooooowly comes to back to idle X(

is this due to me cleaning my filter? ;)

ta muchly :thumb:

It's not been 48 hours since i've cleaned my air filter, and my engine wants to keep on revving when i pull up to traffic lights, roundabouts etc, even if i engine brake down to below 1000rpm, it comes back up to 3K odd and slooooowly comes to back to idle  X(

is this due to me cleaning my filter?  ;)

ta muchly  :thumb:

could be a vacuum leak

check any hoses you moved or touched for leaks

:thumb:

It's not been 48 hours since i've cleaned my air filter, and my engine wants to keep on revving when i pull up to traffic lights, roundabouts etc, even if i engine brake down to below 1000rpm, it comes back up to 3K odd and slooooowly comes to back to idle  X(

is this due to me cleaning my filter?  ;)

ta muchly  :thumb:

could be a vacuum leak

check any hoses you moved or touched for leaks

:thumb:

all i had to take off was the crank case breather pipe, which is back in place now ;)

Mine does a similiar thing on the odd occasion.

Try giving it a good thrash! Any uphill motorway near you? Hold it flat out in 4th for a few miles and see if it makes any difference? :)

PMSL, i tried this expecting it to do this (Fix it), i reached the end of the motorway and stopped for the lights and the revs stayed at 2.5k for ages and it was exactly the same lol

Are you sure you were pushing it hard enough? lol :D

When I got my car, the ICV really needed cleaning..... stalled loads, but I thrashed it for a while and it's good as gold, been like that since :jaw: :)

Shame about no uphill motorway... mine used to hold (indicated) 120 uphills on 14s :(