1.6- 1.8

Kirsty

I think the gearboxes are the same, but the 1.8 has slightly longer ratios!

Clutch may well need to be a 1.8 version. Flywheels the same? I'm not sure to be honest, I know of a aluminium flywheel which fits the 1.8 and 2.0L zetec-e, but doesn't mention the 1.6

Maybe the 1.6 is different (lighter) than the 1.8 / 2.0. Would this affect clutch fitting?

Hope these can be oversome easily enough :thumb:

tis just the thoughts I had :)

EDIT: Give ya a hand with this aswell if u ain't paying a garage to do the lot! :cheers:

Edited by Ex-Finesse

yeh straight in i believe  :thumb:

oi stop posting!!!! :censored:

I think the gearboxes are the same, but the 1.8 has slightly longer ratios!

Clutch may well need to be a 1.8 version. Flywheels the same? I'm not sure to be honest, I know of a aluminium flywheel which fits the 1.8 and 2.0L zetec-e, but doesn't mention the 1.6

Maybe the 1.6 is different (lighter) than the 1.8 / 2.0. Would this affect clutch fitting?

Hope these can be oversome easily enough :thumb:

tis just the thoughts I had :)

EDIT: Give ya a hand with this aswell if u ain't paying a garage to do the lot! :cheers:

ok cool you can give me a hand doing everything on my car if u like!!!! can put my repeaters on

can even wash it if ya like ;)

Not sure how mine was done, was already converted to 1800 when i got it, All ive had done is a 130 spec cylinder head skimmed and refitted and 130 ancilleries.

Which proves its possible to convert it, mine started live as a Mk6 mexico, tho it bears little resemblence to one now mechanically lol.

eeeer.... 8o i didnt understand much of that at all

i still think this is another case of dunky love....  :rolleyes:  :innocent:

:innocent:

lmao