Data protection act

scott_d

I have given me account number and sort code to a company expecting them to set up a standing order from one of thier customers into my account. But they gave my details to this person and told him to set up the standing order.

Does this break the data protection act? I have read through it but im unsure. ?(

hard to say really, you could say that the end person should have been the one you gave your details too instead but they might say that as they were menat to do it you gave your details to the 1st person which gave ur permission to give to the end user (their client)??? maybe??!!

The account holder must set up the standing order, the company you gave your details too would have had to pass your details to him (albeit, only your name, account number and sort code with a suitable reference)

What sort of details where issued?

If you dont mind me asking, why is the company involved? It sounds like there just a 'middle man' in this?

Edited by Pelles

sorry im lost mate....

It could have been an error on one of there workers, or it could be the way they operate, If you where a customer with them, then you would have signed upto there terms and conditons and SLA, my adice would be to contact one of there customer services advisors....and watch out, if there in the wrong, the customer service advisor will always make it out to be that they where in the right. My best advice would be to work an angle without telling your story first.