Fast Ford Rolling Road

Lee R

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the engine checked, everything was ok, had it on the rr to get it set up properly and they got a reading of 101.3, had the manifold put on it, then took it on friday to aldons again and they got it at 101.8 bhp again!! was surprised that the manifold had made no difference, :jaw: anyway went on saturday and he got a reading of 94.9, i had the graphs in the car from friday and he couldn't explain it!! ;) he said it must be the difference in the rollers!! :( so god knows!! we are all going up to aldon's again quite soon cos a few people were left wondering what was going on!! :O

had the engine checked, everything was ok, had it on the rr to get it set up properly and they got a reading of 101.3, had the manifold put on it, then took it on friday to aldons again and they got it at 101.8 bhp again!! was surprised that the manifold had made no difference, :jaw: anyway went on saturday and he got a reading of 94.9, i had the graphs in the car from friday and he couldn't explain it!! ;) he said it must be the difference in the rollers!! :( so god knows!! we are all going up to aldon's again quite soon cos a few people were left wondering what was going on!! :O

seeing ae mine, Ross', Mikes' (Yades) and a fair few other others always hit around the same on NM's rollers' i'd say Aldon's are a tad optimistic :)

difference in so many rollers can be amazing sometimes

Edited by Lee R

i agree the rollers are gonna be different in all places but i had it done at hi-tech, they got 103, then aldon got 101, the nm 94!!! doesn't make sense there being such a big drop!! ;) ross's engine was built there and always run consitant with his tuning!! :D ross, for example, could take it somewhere else and get a different reading, at the end of the day it's down to the rollers and the tuning!! :))

like we said, it depends on a lot of difference's, the engine, the tuning and the rollers, and don't forget it's the actual bloke that sets everything up, how ever it is they do it!! :)) mine has a max speed on the print out of 99.6 mph, went faster than that getting there!! :roll: :roll:

like we said, it depends on a lot of difference's, the engine, the tuning and the rollers, and don't forget it's the actual bloke that sets everything up, how ever it is they do it!! :)) mine has a max speed on the print out of 99.6 mph, went faster than that getting there!! :roll:  :roll:

the tuning makes no odds at all, same as 'the bloke that sets it up'.... all we were having were power runs... ?(

remember 99.6 was in 4th too....and is ALOT more accurate than a speedo ;)