Timing Belt

BlairM

i changed mine when i put the new head on and its just started sqeekin this mornin' :(

u sure its the timing belt and not the alternator belt cos its usually the alternator belt what squeaks cos it doesnt have the teeth on so when it slips, it squeaks

I'm hopin Marcus is right cos if yer timin belts squeekin then yer gonna be in trouble X(

i changed mine when i put the new head on and its just started sqeekin this mornin' :(

u sure its the timing belt and not the alternator belt cos its usually the alternator belt what squeaks cos it doesnt have the teeth on so when it slips, it squeaks

or the power steering pump/belt thing :roll:

its whats squeaking on mine as its fooked!

oh yeh llol can u tell i just got up? lol i speak wank when im asleep

it is the alternator belt, how can i correct this? i kno 'tighten it' but i cant find my v loyal haynes manual lol any1 got pics of the actual nut/s i need to tighten?

sorry for hijack of post

it is the alternator belt, how can i correct this? i kno 'tighten it' but i cant find my v loyal haynes manual lol any1 got pics of the actual nut/s i need to tighten?

sorry for hijack of post

find the alternator and the bracket that holds it on, will have a nut, undo it and pull the alternator to tighten the belt and do back up while its still tight :thumb:

Make sure you buy the kit and not just the belt matey it aint worth the risk :thumb:

yeh tis the only option thats available on that buypartsby site AFA i can see.

even though speaking to two experience mechanics say you don't need the tensioners.

even though speaking to two experience mechanics say you don't need the tensioners.

they're right, you don't NEED them but whilst its all in bits anyway you may aswell get em n fit em, prevention is better than cure :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for hijack of post

find the alternator and the bracket that holds it on, will have a nut, undo it and pull the alternator to tighten the belt and do back up while its still tight :thumb:

if its the same as mine, theres a pulley which tightens it all up for u.......its ona spring

EDIT: kirst the alternator belt is the same as the power steering pump :P

Edited by marcus