GOT ME CAR BACK!!!!!!!!!!

RobMk6

and its................

FOOKED :curse: :censored: :curse: :vangry: :nutter: :censored:

drove well for bout an hour and a half (fcuking marvellous sound WHY do ppl say Max Pooer induction kits are wank :O ) and then just started holding back and then drastically holding back and next thing i know all the electrics have died.

NO REV COUNTER

NO SPEEDO :(

fan inside the car is runnin really slow.

so try and start it and click click click click clik, sounds like the battery is dead, but thats brand new, and everything works fine when the engine is off.

bump it and all all springs back into life wondefully then 500yds it goes again and cuts out and is barely revving when my foot is flat to the floor.

then it dies and fails to start then we bump it etc ................ and it goes on and on and on and on......

anybody got any ideas

oh and i think the thermostat is fooked cos its overheating, reason i think thermostat is cos the radiator pipes are warm as it seems to have a small flow to the radiator, but the radiator itself and the header tank is freezing, would this be thermostat?

CAN MODS PLS LEAVE THIS HERE FOR A FEW DAYS COS IT REALLY IS IMPERATIVE THAT I SOLVE THIS/THESE PROBLEMS EXTREMELY QUICK?

Ian?

Stu?

Ross?

well according to the current sections and me being no mechanic i don't know wether its mechanical or electrical so i can't move it :thumb:

Think Ian is gonna change the sections soon anyway, so they'll be mods n probs sections regardless of the subject matter be it body, elec or interior etc

Unless you;ve had steam coming from the bonnet, I'd say thermostat's fine!!!

The pipes are very close the the big hot engine innit.....

The header tank and radiator are a long way away.....

The pipes are hot merely because they have conducted heat away from the engine.....

Untill you see steam, it's fine! :cheers:

Rob it sounds like either your alternator is not charging or you battery is fooked.I'd say it is your alternator or if you have had work done on your car recently it might be a conection loose?

I'm not sure what engine you got, but is the fan belt broken? hence not charging and not turning the water pump hence overheating? It's hard to diagnose over the net, if i was there i could sort it out.

oh,

would water gettin in the alternator at all cause it to fcuk up like that?

and i thought if a battery was dead/buggered that the engine and all will run off the alternator but it dont seem to do that. so could it be that.

if so round about how much do they cost 'usually' from a scrappers?