URGENT

Jon1978

Alright guys...

Quick but urgent question....

16s or 17s?

I have a Mk 7, 1.6 Finesse. I have fitted an ESP-Design RS/GTi bodykit.

I would like some bigger wheels, and don't know whether to go for 16" or 17"...

... Also how much should I lower the car.

I am worried as a lot of people on here are talking about having 17s and finding they rub.

Mk4's will deffo need arch work....... but 5&6's don't! :cheers:

You can still drive like a loony on 17s, just gotta have a lot of balls when you get understeer......

I can't wait to see what 18s are like..... if they're totally different, I'll seriously consider selling them, but I'll be very surprised if it comes to that! :roll:

You can still drive like a loony on 17s, just gotta have a lot of balls when you get understeer......

eh?

Understeer with tiny 40profiles (17s) is very different to standard 55 or 60 profile tyres (14s or 15s)....

The 'threshold' of grip is much more of a knife edge, and once past this you gotta keep the power down and turn tighter. If you back off or jump on the brakes at this point you'll go straight ahead! :O

Least that's what I find....

eh?

Understeer with tiny 40profiles (17s) is very different to standard 55 or 60 profile tyres (14s or 15s)....

The 'threshold' of grip is much more of a knife edge, and once past this you gotta keep the power down and turn tighter. If you back off or jump on the brakes at this point you'll go straight ahead! :O

Least that's what I find....

I wanna see ya put the power down more whilst under steering ?( and not carry on into the kurb. You either gotta feather the throttle to keep on turning or snap the throttle off to get some lift off oversteer and power out of that ?(