failed its mot!!

rachyxx

my cars been handling a bit strange on the front for a while now, so about 4 weeks ago i decided to change the wishbones on it, this did improve it but it still wasn't right!! :( anyway took it for the mot today and the front drivers spring has snapped in 2!! :jaw: it had snapped near the top but the weight of the car had pushed the snapped piece up and wedged it between the spring and the car!! :( thanks to ralph i have a set of springs to go on it, but i was lucky i don't use the car all the time!! ;( so my car is going to be on standard springs for the moment, i am sure that having the back lowered and the weight of the mdf in the boot build has put to much strain on the front end causing me all this grief!! :nutter: good thing is apart from that the mot will be fine and the springs are nearly on now so it will be back up the station tomorrow!!! :thumb: Edited by rachyxx

my cars been handling a bit strange on the front for a while now, so about 4 weeks ago i decided to change the wishbones on it, this did improve it but it still wasn't right!! :( anyway took it for the mot today and the front drivers spring has snapped in 2!! :jaw: it had snapped near the top but the weight of the car had pushed the snapped piece up and wedged it between the spring and the car!! :( thanks to ralph i have a set of springs to go on it, but i was lucky i don't use the car all the time!! ;( so my car is going to be on standard springs for the moment, i am sure that having the back lowered and the weight of the mdf in the boot build has put to much strain on the front end causing me all this grief!! :nutter: good thing is apart from that the mot will be fine and the springs are nearly on now so it will be back up the station tomorrow!!! :thumb:

Hmmm i wonder if thats the reason my car has been playing up, is steers all over the show, just keeps taking the car into the road, which is dangerous in itself. I thought possibly wishbones or tracking or something like that but i have had no tyre wear.

on a happier note mines just passed  :D

Advisory for the home made indicators in the grill but planning new ones this year anyway.

Ran out on 31st November 2004  :D

Mine ran out in August..........oops........I didn't go to Traxx did I ?? Must get it out the garage this month for the test....... ;)

my cars been handling a bit strange on the front for a while now, so about 4 weeks ago i decided to change the wishbones on it, this did improve it but it still wasn't right!! :( anyway took it for the mot today and the front drivers spring has snapped in 2!! :jaw: it had snapped near the top but the weight of the car had pushed the snapped piece up and wedged it between the spring and the car!! :( thanks to ralph i have a set of springs to go on it, but i was lucky i don't use the car all the time!! ;( so my car is going to be on standard springs for the moment, i am sure that having the back lowered and the weight of the mdf in the boot build has put to much strain on the front end causing me all this grief!! :nutter: good thing is apart from that the mot will be fine and the springs are nearly on now so it will be back up the station tomorrow!!! :thumb:

Hmmm i wonder if thats the reason my car has been playing up, is steers all over the show, just keeps taking the car into the road, which is dangerous in itself. I thought possibly wishbones or tracking or something like that but i have had no tyre wear.

my blue one was the same, changed wishbones and lower arms and was sound as :thumb: