Waxoyl

Blimey

Something I was wondering about as well, Waxoyl. We've decided to kit up and get the car resprayed and have any rust treated. I presume getting the entire underside that gets exposed to the elements Waxoyl'ed to hell and back would be essential yeah?

You're better off getting the spray type too, that way you can spray it inside the drainage holes at the rear of your chassis, these are well known to split over the years leading to an MOT fail, so people weld plates over em which leaves no drainage which makes more rust!

Hece i negotiated with the garage about the edges of mine starting to split!

for the inside of the lips on the wheel arches, i sanded it down so all the crap was cleaned off, took some of the pain back, then used hammerite rust proof paint, then undersealed over it,

nothing will get through that, and durt can build up on it now with no effect :P

on the visiable side of the wheel arch lips i used clear waxoyl spray, you can see it close up very very slightly, but its giving some protection so i think its worth it,

i also use it on the backs of my alloys, offers good protection from brake dust without ruining the apperance,

i also used on sume parts under the bonnet, as it can actually help the car start when its cold and damp, and so far it seems to be helping it start alot,

i put a fine coat inside the door, and anywhere dirts and water collects or high impact areas,

when you buy the tins of it, it'll have a list of recommended places written on it,

hope thats of some use,

:thumb:

my only real recomendation is using it on the alloys

Waxoyl made one of my uncles cars rust quicker X( 

If you don't prep it right, then I beleive you'll trap water vapour in there!

All this about cleaning arches out......

Just clean them spotless once then rinse behind each time u wash the car. Did mine over a year ago and they're still clean as perfect 8) :)

Waxoyl made one of my uncles cars rust quicker X( 

If you don't prep it right, then I beleive you'll trap water vapour in there!

All this about cleaning arches out......

Just clean them spotless once then rinse behind each time u wash the car. Did mine over a year ago and they're still clean as perfect 8) :)

yeah when i did mine after id sanded them down i rubbed em over with some kitchen roll to make sure there wasnt any damp left, :))

Sounds like you do things once, and do them properly mate! :cheers:

Can't wait to see what my beam looks like! :O  :D

j/kin matey, you had any progress? :)

not yet, waiting to get some spare cash together, havent completely finished the beam yet, got it in the spare room for a few days to make sure its all dried out before i put some waxoyl on the inside of the cylinder beams,

im confident that brake bias thing will work tho,

but we'll see,

and yeah i try to do em once and properly, its like that tv ad used to say preventions cheaper/better then the cure,

are you keeping your beam then?