What does this mean

Kirsty

ZoneAlarm blocked a port scan attempting to communicate with port 12345. The intent of the scan was trying to determine if a Trojan horse is located on your machine or if you are using the Trend Micro anti-virus scanning software. Rest assured, ZoneAlarm has determined that there are no applications listening on 12345 of your computer.

a little bubble popped up, it did it the other day as wekk

port 12345... is something to do with my internet, dunno, might be the password X( its something like that, dunno tho

ZoneAlarm prevented access to port 12345 on your computer

ZoneAlarm stopped Internet or local network traffic from reaching your computer. No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer is safe. 

What happened? 

ZoneAlarm blocked a port scan attempting to communicate with port 12345. The intent of the scan was trying to determine if a Trojan horse is located on your machine or if you are using the Trend Micro anti-virus scanning software. Rest assured, ZoneAlarm has determined that there are no applications listening on 12345 of your computer.

Should I be concerned? 

No. ZoneAlarm has blocked the connection attempt, so no harm can come to your computer as a result. A port scan typically has the ability to retrieve data from a computer (such as what type of operating system you are using) even if a connection attempt failed. Because you are using ZoneAlarm, no details regarding your computer have been made available to the individual who initiated the port scan. That individual has most likely moved on to seek out computers which are not protected.

it was prob just scanning all ur open ports to check and instead of putting each specific port it just put 12345? either way u shudnt need to worry if it sed it cudnt find anything, altho personally i wudnt use zone alarm :)

neither would i personally... but my dad is the one in charge of it :rolleyes: im not even allowed to install adaware :vangry:

thats what i thought LOL X( trojan horses... net buses WTF

now i see why i failed a-level computing :roll:

At least you got to do a course - all I got was a pc on my desk at work on Monday morning, a full in-tray and a 'Short Course in Word Perfect" !!!!!!!!!!

Penny :rolleyes:

thats what i thought LOL X( trojan horses... net buses WTF

now i see why i failed a-level computing :roll:

At least you got to do a course - all I got was a pc on my desk at work on Monday morning, a full in-tray and a 'Short Course in Word Perfect" !!!!!!!!!!

Penny :rolleyes:

:O typing i can do, just... but anything more complicated is a big no, not even sure if i can use spreadsheets, not done it for 5 years LOL

it means ur computer fecked, it spends too much time on MSN and an't cope  :P  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

*cough cough* excuse me you cheeky fekka! i'm not on msn much actually :P

Stop worrying zone alarm will cover you from pretty much anything just ignore it :P

:thumb: cheers dude