2.0 engine

marcus

began it today but his 2problems, the bolts holding the cat on were rusted VERY tight and there was barely any of them left and also, we rounded the nut off on the gearbox holding the earth from the battery but this is in the process of been sorted, anyway, heres a few pictures of today. not much has changed ATM cos were unpluggin all the plugs etc and takin all the hoses off.......

engine8.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine4.jpg

engine7.jpg

engine6.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine5.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good mate, how far have you got with it? What 2.0 engine are you putting in?

Arnold

brand new 2.0 with fast road cams and ARP bolts and unichip will go on in the next few weeks

bit of an update: both driveshafts need to be removed, then the box and engine can be dropped and engine lifted out and sawped over

should be done by sunday :thumb:

Looks good mate, how far have you got with it? What 2.0 engine are you putting in?

Arnold

brand new 2.0 with fast road cams and ARP bolts and unichip will go on in the next few weeks

bit of an update: both driveshafts need to be removed, then the box and engine can be dropped and engine lifted out and sawped over

should be done by sunday :thumb:

Sounds nice mate, can't wait to see the finished result. What bhp you after?

So has it been easy so far  :innocent:

dad said 'how about Fcuk that' when i asked, bearing in mind i asked while he was lying in a puddle of coolent AFPMSL

ill ask when mine is done :thumb:

as for power, 140-150 will be nice.......well see

Edited by marcus

todays update:

took one driveshaft out and it took 10mins or so, the second took 2.5 hours FFS. we couldnt get teh crowbar in at the corect angle, anyway we did it in the end and got the engine out. plans for tonight are to swap all the bits over and tomorrow, we gotta fit the engine, put rad etc back in an fire her up

heres the pics

heres dad when we eventually got the shaft out LMAO

Engine10.jpg

heres the coont.......

Engine11.jpg

Engine12.jpg

Engine14.jpg

Engine15.jpg

Engine17.jpg

Engine18.jpg

Engine19.jpg

Engine20.jpg

Engine22.jpg

also, cheers to mat for the lifts for the bits lol, i didnt know the footy was on X(

looking very good there mate. I hope your gonna put some elbow grease in and give that engine bay a clean so it looks brand new!!!!

Also I remember getting those drive shafts out of an XR2i, They are a complete bitch, i got fed up and in the end just grabbed the hub, braced myself against the wheel arch and yanked it! I fell arse over tit, but it was worth it :thumb:

also, cheers to mat for the lifts for the bits lol, i didnt know the footy was on  X(

FPMSL better be a big cheers, we qued round Old Trafford for nearly an hour :roll:

Tis lookin good dood, can't wait to see it go :D