1000watts is it too much

cossiewannabe

might sound stupid i like the idea of it but never herd 1000watt amp kicking so has ne 1 got a sound system with a 1000watt amp running 1 sub and is it too much my m8 daid he m8 had one and it was way too much rekons i would need the rear window strenthend lol could never turn it right up. what u all think ???

i can see ya point the bass would kill off all the other components and sound shite only way to do it would be amp every thing i got a 0 gauge wire kit which can take 3000 watts and gonna upgrade all the standard speakers whats the largest speakers u could put in the front doors on a mk6 the speakers by the door handles and am gonna get a pair of the lower door cards the one where u can put upto 17cm components the a £180 from the same place they make stelth boxes

i may be goin totcourt rd today to get my firs of 3 deal ist a pioneer spl 12' boxed 2000 watt sup the deep back looking one and a 1000 watt digi amp with a 4 gauge wireing kit for £349 gonna go full pionner and if this deal is good i may have 3 of the babies lol 3000 watts of bass crazyness :jaw:

didnt get to go yesterday cos dads been busting my balls about get a licence firs b4 u start spunking your money on that car :censored: its cos i spuck shite loads on my ped back in the day spent twice what i paid for it all on performance stuff tis was fast a fook 0-60 7 secs easy and coul wheelie it at an easy 75mph over taking. :eek: ahhh them were the days thats y i havent got a licence yet spent all my time and money fuking with the bike wish i hadent

mygilera180.jpg

this little baby was only 180cc and would Fcuk most motors off the lights except that aston martin vanquish lol

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a whole lot of difference between 1000RMS and 1000max.

Your friend will be refering to 1000RMS when he says the windows needed strengthening because 1000RMS is killer bass.

1000Max on the other hand is your average bog standard sub and amp and is nothing special at all.

1000W... PFFFTTTT you can do better than that, if you have a few grand to spend, check out the soundstream 6000W RMS amp and 8500W RMS Subs

http://www.soundstream.com/sub/products_amps_XXX.html

The world is a scarey place when you start talking kilowatts of power!

I went with the tarantula range, only cost a £1000 for the amp, bargin :kill: which is 2 channels at 500W RMS running 2 dual voice coil subs at 600W RMS, tempted this year to add another 2 900W RMS subs to it but there isn't really a need as I never have it all the way up anyway as the car just starts vibrating stupidly when you do, more sound proofing needed