Uninsured Alloys

Muzz

Have had my alloys on my car for a while now and found out the other day that my insurance company will not accept any mods no matter what they are. So i was wondering if i get stopped by the pigs, and they check my doccy's what are they likely to do? If i have a major accident (god forbid) what will happen then? If i have a small crash and drive home and change the wheels will it be ok?

I've been thinking it through alot lately and probably should sell them and put my old shitty wheels back on but i wanted to check the implications first.

Cheers.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had my alloys on my car for a while now and found out the other day that my insurance company will not accept any mods no matter what they are. So i was wondering if i get stopped by the pigs, and they check my doccy's what are they likely to do? If i have a major accident (god forbid) what will happen then? If i have a small crash and drive home and change the wheels will it be ok?

I've been thinking it through alot lately and probably should sell them and put my old shitty wheels back on but i wanted to check the implications first.

Cheers.

Tbh, I've added alloys on three cars now and its never even adjusted my premium. Just been a wasted call to the insurers. IF the police pull you, couldn't you just say they were on when you bought it?

I dunno what the implications are really.. its not they're altering performance.

Im a sensible driver and i rarely exceed the speed limits on busy roads so hopefully i will never have a bad crash. 8o . Do you think that the pigs would be satisfied when i say they were on the car when i got them. The only reason i am not declaring them is because they wont accept them and as i am 17 hardly any insurers will insure me with them on.

Kev it would take a really sh1t insurance company not to payout.............if they will not insure you with them on, they will have to cancel your policy,rather than you cancel.Go else where, to be honest i've never known a company not to accept a change of wheels ?(

they wont accept the answer, there were on when u got the car, cause i got pulled for my afterburners not havin a reflective bit on it, and i said they were on it when i got it , and the old bills answer was and i quote " if you have 2 defective tires and they were on there when you got it who's fault is it" didnt really haave much to say to that , cause hate to admit it but he is right ,

Tbh i don't see why they wont insure you with alloys. i've had alloys on all my cars and never told the insurance company, had no probs what so ever. apparently with things like this the insurance company will pay out third party in an acciedent, just to save hastle.

If anything is asked, say they come with the car. just pleed dumb and say you thought they were standard for that model.

Thats the best i can do for ya. 8)

I got my insurance company to read out what my car came standrard with. They said "Alloys" So even though ive upgradedto 16" they are still Ford Alloys- so i wont be declaring them nor will I be buying any other make alloys...unless i really like them! :D

However Kev is right and it is known for insurance comps not to payout for silly things...Jackster helped me out with this when deciding whether or not to declare my Tints!

insurance certs dont include what mods you have anyway :D the police shouldnt really car about the wheels, like they wouldnt care about spoilers etc...

Mine lists all my mods on it unfortunately :(