Rev Counter

Walshie

my brother took my dash out the other day , because as standard have no rev counter, and the owner before me put in clocks for from a higher model with a rev gauge, any took the dash out and nothing to connect it to, and mines a 1997 1.4 silloutte special edition, ( do not know why it is special edition because it has no , rev gauge, electric windows, central lcokin, bit fooked really and only 71bhp lol

im in the middle of trying to solve this dilema

on the ECU controlled engines (zetecs etc) the rev counter signal is generated by the ECU, in theory running a wire from the correct port of the ecu should do it

im planning on getting a ghia or ghia x wiring loom and fitting that which 8o , fingers crossed should sort things out :))

it will be nice to know just how much time my engine revs spend in the red :curse:

I have a 1995 1.6 zetec, its a mistral which is one of fords so called special editions. I fitted a aftermarket rev counter cause i didnt have one as standard and i had no problems with fitting it either. The green wire was behind the clocks where it shuld be!! Guess its just dependant on the car.

right, got me some white dials for the car with a rev counter to get rid of the stupid car pic, but me car dont have the one wire(number 8 in the blue connector)

If you can get a wire onto the board, then run it down to the ignition module and tap off the green/red wire.

would that work, wheres/ wots the ignition module?