which 2.0ltr 4 conversion non turbo ???

cossiewannabe

been thinking which is a dangerous thing for me as it mean spending loads of cash. and wounderd whick 2.0ltr would i get the best bhp out of for my money i would like to buy a spanker from ford or else were and tune it up i kow u can get 2.0ltr stage 3 engines made for 3k and kick out 165bhp and adding throttle bodies would knock it up 2 200bhp but throttle bodies are another 2k so its gonna be a 5k engine the car aint worth it may as well get a cossie but wounderd if there was a standerd 2.0ltr with more bhp as standerd ie a mondy st or sumfing ??? any ideas ?(

prefer it to stay as a fwd to save the hassle and cost just want to drop it in but if the ST220 is poss and not to dear its well worth it  :drool:  i have never herd of a scort with a 3.0ltr lump but i bet its a rwd though  ;(

no it FWD

best gettin a new 2.0ltr from ford.

Personally I'd get a half decent one from the scrappy for a fifth of the price!

cossiewannabe..... you talk about 5k for 200bhp, and you might aswell buy a cossie. Not true imo! Need a lot more money than that to buy a cossie. And then.... there's the cossie insurance (age 21+ btw), maintenance, and petrol costs!

A 200bhp zetec on 'bodies will still be reliable as hell done properly, won't kill you on insurance like the cossie would.... and still return like 30mpg driven on the motorway.

Forget about any engine other than the zetec imo, the V6 will be very costly and your handling will be on-par with that of a glacier! :jaw: :drunk:

a 2.0 zetec silvertop will put a smile on ur face, it sounds sooo much nicer, louder, meatier and the cams give it a nice idleing sound too and it isnt that expensive when u compare to other available conversions and its pretty simple to do, just make sure you got a weekend free and you should be fine if ur doing it yourself

i know the over 2.0ltr is a crazy and pointless route but just wanted to ask if it was poss and has it ever been done. as for the cossie i ment a good cossie saff as scorts are 10k easy. i based my 3k price on a quote from specilalised engines in the back of fast ford. it was for a 2.0ltr zetec stage 3 built from scratch gas flowed race fast road and race tuned cams lighted con rods all that stuff to much to list but like i say it would only be 165bhp and cost £3000 and to achive 200bhp would need another £2000 for bodies and management so thats £5000 for a 2.0ltr zetec stage 3 tuned built from new. nice with it being new and all that but 5k is not cheep

as for handling yeah to much power would be wasted through the FWD no point going over the top on bhp as it would spin like a bitch and lose to much on bends need a engine with super pull of throuh 0-60 and good top end. still remaining reliable X(

would like to know more on the silver top conversion and what can be achived from it and could it be run on my gear box or is it worth changing it