Decision Time

Madmax

Right just got me car back from the garage after pretty much having the head rebuilt. Been told that he rekons that the engine is on its last legs, and suggest i use it as a stop gap and start lookin for another car. Now would i be beta of buying a new scort or see if i can get hold of a low mileage engine or sumthin and replace it???

:cheers: for opinions

150 quid really that cheap, I take it thats not brand spanking new?? Where would i pick one up from?? Any suggestions?

any scrapyard.

you're looking at about 850 for a new one :)

and bout 1200 quid from Ford!!!! X( :D

1500 for a 2.0 mondeo engine brand new from ford, brother quoted 250 quid from giles to fit the mondeo engine , as seen in ross's sig

your brother gonna buy one from Ford? He does know Giles get brand new Ford engines for much cheaper?

I know everyone's saying to go for a 2 litre, but i've heard some bad reports about the reliability of the engine. ?(

Ive got a 1.6 at the mo but am gonna go for a 1.8. it's easier to fit and apparently they are bullet proof, no matter how hard you drive em. :D

when it's in and runnin i'll let you know more. :thumb:

I know everyone's saying to go for a 2 litre, but i've heard some bad reports about the reliability of the engine. ?(

Ive got a 1.6 at the mo but am gonna go for a 1.8. it's easier to fit and apparently they are bullet proof, no matter how hard you drive em. :D

Ross' old Mondy did 120k of HARD miles (ex lease car when he got it, then he abbused it), with hardly any servicing and iirc no cambelt change since 32k

Zetec are zetecs, they go on forever :thumb: :thumb:

Ross' old Mondy did 120k of HARD miles (ex lease car when he got it, then he abbused it), with hardly any servicing and iirc no cambelt change since 32k

Zetec are zetecs, they go on forever :thumb: :thumb:

aye, never even dripped a drop of oil or burnt any off. Never needed endless topping up. Was a great cruiser :thumb: