any car buying advice

steve_sport_scort

i going to see about buying a red GTI tomorrow,

its at a big ford dealership near where i live,

so im considering getting it AA checked if i decide i want it, as when i asked over the phone they said that any probs the aa find they'll repair or knock off some of the price of the car off,

but its £100-£150 ish for a full AA inspection,

pententailly it could save me a small fortune,

but im not sure its worth it,

is there anything i should be looking and listeining out for,

i know to look for rust as its a 98 r reg red gti,

its done 47,000 and is £3,200

that a good price?

cheers :))

Seems a lot to me seeing as most dealer warrenties are not worth the paper they are written on. :(

indeed, most the time whatever problem you have they'll find a something to tell you as to why thats not covered, normally 'its wear n tear' X( :(

I wouldn't wanna pay 3200 for a Gti, try n get em a lot closer to 2500, ones just sold on here this week for 1500 :O :O :O :thumb:

Seems a lot to me seeing as most dealer warrenties are not worth the paper they are written on. :(

indeed, most the time whatever problem you have they'll find a something to tell you as to why thats not covered, normally 'its wear n tear' X( :(

I wouldn't wanna pay 3200 for a Gti, try n get em a lot closer to 2500, ones just sold on here this week for 1500 :O :O :O :thumb:

well im gonna go have a look, got my insurance money through yesterday, so id like a decent set of wheels again :thumb: