Possible problem with icv

Bennys_Si

hey guys,

just a quickie, every now and then the rev will rise and fall from about 500 to 1500 rpm. Which i know is a sign of the icv, but tonight as soonas i started driving it was, when i come to stop it was boucing between 2000 and 3000. Now i am pretty sure it the icv but just wanna double check... its a pain in the arse cos i gotta go to rotherham and bcak tomorrow from kent!!

:cheers:

dont wanna make it sound to bad but yeah it could be the ICV i had the same prob.... well i thought it was my ICV i had a new one put in still didnt sort it ended up being my ECU 8o plus i had a cruise control style effect going on ended up being my motion sensor set me back £338 in the end but hope it is only ur ICV touch wood

yeah i kinda got that effect, the daft thing is it started to happen when the car was just sitting there. Oh balls. Reason i had/have my doubts is that it wasnt bouncing at the idle point, but when i restart the engine, it just goes from 500 to 1500 again.....sound familiar???

on mine when the car is 1st started it revs and almost dies the car shakes and then it gos up and down 800 to 1500 and it gos on for a few mins it did slow down after a while on the hunting and then it would stop. but as soon as u start her up its at it again. :curse: the cruise control effect happen when your cruising over 40mph let off the gas and clutch and the revs would drop slowly and stay at aroun 2000rpm and the car would stay at 35mph 4eva till u dip the clutch. mine never bounced to 2000 & 3000 rpm though

ok mate cheers, it is a wierd one cos it has reved up before but never continued, the hunting form 200 to 1500 has only been an every now and then thing, so i dont get it...bloody cars...lol will just have to wait til the weekend now before i can even get a chance to look at it....i wouldnt have thought it would do any damage.

?(

and when you say motin sensor, for some reason the only thing i can think or is the bloody alarm motion sensor...lol