Horn Problem?

cardifflad

I am new to this forum so I do apologise if this topic is in the wrong place.

A few weeks ago I had a front end crash, All I ended up taking off the drivers side part of the bumper.

I have replaced the bumper but have since found out that the horn does not seem to be working.

I would be most grateful if someone could give me a bit of advice on what the problem could possibly be.

Thanks

I am new to this forum so I do apologise if this topic is in the wrong place.

A few weeks ago I had a front end crash, All I ended up taking off the drivers side part of the bumper.

I have replaced the bumper but have since found out that the horn does not seem to be working.

I would be most grateful if someone could give me a bit of advice on what the problem could possibly be.

Thanks

Horn is on the Drivers side bolted to in inner wing just below the head light, may not be accessable without removing the bumper. I'm presuming your hazard lights are still working so the fuse (F28) is'nt blown. There should be just one wire running to the horn thats usually red/yellow. If this all seems ok take the connector of the horn and run a lenght of wire from the positive terminal on the battery to the connection on the horn and if it works then you'll know the problem lise elsewhere.

Hope this helps :thumb:

yeah, the fuse just keeps blowing. I've had the wheel off and everything, and still can't find the source of the problem, had other people take a look too, adn still can't figure it out. Gonna have to get it cured tho. If it's shorting, don't want it catching fire or owt