What would you do ?

BlairM

If you had a car that you really wanted (not as extreme as a Cossy or such lol!), and it wasn't too dear to buy, how much would you be willing to pay for insurance ?

I'd say my 'normal' limit would be at very most under £1k, but do you reckon it's really worth paying any more than that or holding out another year's No Claims ??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you want in life.

I was paying around 2K last year to insure 2 of my cars at the same time.

I consider cars as a hobby. SOme people watch football everyweek, some people enjoy going to the pub etc. it all costs money.

Way I look at it, £50 a week roughly to be able to drive my cars when I want is so worth it.

I dont drink or smoke, and I dont watch footie or have any other hobbies, so Im roughly spending the same or less then my mates each week anyways on fun stuff :cheers:

Just look at it the way I do, it may make your decision easier!

You have to remember though that next year you have to pay near enough the same amount, more if you have an accident/speeding points.

If it was a one off payment it would be ok, but you have to pay it every year and you have nothing to show for your cash. Think what you could do and buy if someone gave you a 2 grand bonus every year.

Would you go to £3k for a Cossy ? That's what I got quoted! :roll: :D

I'm 19 aint even got 1 years no claims yet, really worth holding out for 2 years NCB ?

Anyone - Aaron ? - know the discounts off the top of their head year by year ?

No way you was quoted 3k for a cossie! I'm 19 and i got quoted nearly 8k on a saff cossie!!

Edited by TEMPER

But think of all the money people spend on fags and booze. What do you have to show for that ?(

I'm just giving my opinions on things.

At the end of the day, this time next year you could be settling down and having kids lol stranger things have happened, you might not be able to afford a nice car then, live while you have the chance.

At the end of the day, this time next year you could be settling down and having kids lol stranger things have happened, you might not be able to afford a nice car then, live while you have the chance.

Now that is one scary thought. 3k for a cossie at 19, i still do not and will not believe that but if its true, jump on it!!!

Edited by TEMPER

I think its all worth it over there lads and lassies, try this on for size. my younger brother 18, provisional license, first time driving, no convictions, 1995 1.1 ford fiesta, no mods, no tow bar, alarmed and parked off the street.

4896.33 Euro which is approx £3300 and thats the cheapest quote he got, every young male get cruxified for the first couple of years over here.

:censored: robbing :censored:

:vangry: :vangry: :vangry: :vangry: