Smoothing

bobbie180983

hi just new here! i need help in smoothing the doors on my mk5b. ive taken the strips of and want the doors totally smooth. iknow how to do my locks nut dont know what materials to use for these recesses! filler will just fall out i think!

also while im here just got some 17 inch wheels from leigh tyres in essex, they are team dynamics 100+ with toyo proxes. they set me back £499 with delivery locking nuts and all other fittings thrown in! next day delivery to1!!!!!!! also i need some helpin fitting a slim line ps2, they run of 9.6v so will i need a power inverter!!!!

hi just new here! i need help in smoothing the doors on my mk5b. ive taken the strips of and want the doors totally smooth. iknow how to do my locks nut dont know what materials to use for these recesses! filler will just fall out i think!

Well if you sand the recess internally then the filler will adhere otherwise a smooth paint finish reduce the adhesion of the bodyfiller.

Another thing to remember is to remove all traces of wax using white spirit of surface cleaner from HALFRAUDS! LOL! :D Also get some tack cloths to get the sandy parts of the sandpaper as it contains silicone and gives a crappy paint finish if no traces removed :(

E5C0127 51NGH :thumb: