BASTARDS BT!!!!!!!!!!!&#33

Colin

I just got this in my e-mail........................

------------------------------

Dear Customer,

MAINTAINING OUR HIGH QUALITY OF SERVICE

We're making some changes to your service in order to maintain the quality and reliability of internet connection for all our users*.

HOW WE'RE DOING THIS

We're changing our Terms & Conditions and introducing a monthly** usage quota of 120 hours' internet access during flat rate access periods (i.e. during weekends and between 6.00pm and 8.00am weekdays). This works out at an average of four hours a day, every day. Based on your recent usage this is a lot more than you're likely to need. You may, of course, use your 'daytime dialler' as much as you want.

WHY WE'RE DOING THIS

There are some customers who keep their computers connected to the internet for long periods of time. This affects the level of service everyone else receives across your network, and isn't fair on you and others. Levelling the playing field with a fair and reasonable usage level for all will help us give everyone a reliable quality of service.

HOW THIS COULD AFFECT YOU

Based on your recent usage, and like the majority of customers, you don't use anywhere near 120 hours a month. However, from your first billing date in November 2002, you'll be able to check if you're getting close to the level at 'My Account' on the BT Openworld homepage at

http://www.btopenworldservice.com/rp/usage

You can also find out what your billing date is from here.

In the unlikely event that you do get close to the 120 hours' monthly quota, you'll receive automatically generated status emails to your primary email address as you approach 35, 15 and 0 hours remaining.

Because we recognise that your usage may vary from month to month, we've made arrangements for any 'unused' hours to be carried over for your use in the next month. Up to 50 hours can be carried over (i.e. depending on your usage, your quota for a particular month could be as high as 170 hours, an average of over five hours a day). And, for the first month we'll give you the extra 50 hours, just in case!

If you do occasionally need access beyond your quota and any carry over, you can use pay-per-minute software (internet calls charged at local rates) until your monthly quota restarts. If you do need to download the pay-per-minute dialler, please go to

http://www.btopenworldservice.com/rp/dialler

and click 'Check my internet usage'.

For more information on our new usage policy, including frequently asked questions, please go to

http://www.btopenworldservice.com/rp/info

WE WANT TO GIVE YOU THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE

This change will help maintain the high quality of your connection.

The decision to introduce this change is part of our aim to be fair to all our customers, and open with our reasons, so that you know where you stand. We hope you agree that this is a sensible approach.

The new Terms & Conditions will come into effect on 1st November 2002. As well as this change to paragraph 10.5, other minor changes and clarifications have been made to paragraphs 10.3, 10.4 and 19. There's also a change to paragraph 15.3, relating to inactive Pay-as-you-go accounts. If you'd like to read the new Terms & Conditions, please go to

http://www.btopenworldservice.com/rp/terms

GREAT NEWS: FREE PROTECTION FROM UNWANTED EMAIL AND VIRUSES

In response to customer feedback and requests for help with tackling computer viruses and spam (unwanted email), we're delighted to say that we'll soon be launching FREE anti-virus and anti-spam software. So not only will you have peace of mind about your email security, you'll have less spam!

We'll be in touch soon.

Thank you for choosing BT Openworld.

Best wishes,

BT Openworld team

http://www.btopenworld.com

* BT Openworld has had better than industry average call failure rates, over 24 hour periods, for each of the last 5 months from April 2002, as measured by independent testers eTesting Labs.

** Billing month, which starts on the date you make payment. You can find out when your billing month starts and ends at

http://www.btopenworld.com/mybtopenworld

-------------------------------------------------

Can you beleive that, I mean, they are already ripping us off, but I mean, I would have plenty of days that I use more than 4 hours of internet a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM ENRAGED AT THIS! I CAN'T GET ADSL IN MY AREA, or ISDN, Im seriously not impressed with this turn up, and intend on voicing my opinion with regards this!!!!!!!

:curse: :upyours:

Yes, but the service we are getting currently is poor to say the least! I am at this moment writting one seriously pissed off e-mail to bt now...............

FEEL MY RAGE AND WRATH BITCHES!

I mean would everyone be happy if they trippled the price of petrol overnight or said, no, you can only buy 20 quids worth a week cheaply and then you must pay a stupid Fcuking rip off price by the minate after that?

TO BIG FOR ITS BOOTS I DO BELEIVE AND UNWILLING TO MAKE THE EFFERT TO KEEP UP ITS STANDARDS!

I have already e-mailed watch dog on BBC so its a start!

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS PEOPLE!

I just did the math, I would use the net for around about 6 hours a day, which mean that on average, bt is going to get an extra £1.20 a day from me which works out at £438 a year.................

AN EXTRA 500 Fcuking QUID.................

Just work it out people, if your on Surftime, we are going to get seriously ripped off, unless we upgrade to one of their other packages, which have alos gone up in price..........

Fcuking CONVIENT!

I don't see how, seing as the manolipies and mergers comission ruled that they didn't have the right to use the phone network exclusively, so matiance is actually funded by ALL the companies around the country, you just see bt vans doing the work simply as the have larger resources than many others.............

This is going to get compliacated!