Alloy Advice

scott_d

I picked up my alloys today and as only two of the four have tyres i thought i would put one on to see what it looks like. Anyway i have two questions:

1) Do i need to replace the bolts because they don't come through the holes as far as they do on the standard alloys

2) Is there a special tool that you use to tighten the nut that wont damage the alloys cos the one i got with the jack took some of the finish off of the wheel

cheers :ehh:

NO1 - I dont think so, providing they are the right offset..........., but im not sure!

NO2 - Dead easy this one, cover your wheel brace in duct tape around any areas that are going to be coming into contact with your alloy, and then if it does rub, tada! No more worries!

you need nuts with collars on (well I did but I got them with the wheels) also if you have locking nuts make sure you use a torque wrench to tighten them, one of my locking nuts was over tightened and when it came to undoing it the key ripped through the lock and I had to have them chipped off :vangry: (luckily I got my money back from Ford as they were ford nuts :rolleyes: )