University.....

m888arc

nuffin to do with cars here......... but im currently in my second year of uni, and iv got another 2 left.

i really dont enjoy it anymore and finding it very difficult, iv spoke to a couple of advisors etc...

i just wanted to know.......... how many people have been to , or are at uni, and is it really that important to get a job????

PS im studying computer science.

Cheers

university will be important in the future i think......

as the population grows with a high demand of people looking for labour, technology advances and reduces labour....its a vicious cycle we are in just now, and its only going to get worse, but we are ok, so i wouldn't say uni's that important unless you wanna make something big, im going for pilot, but im not going into uni for it, im not wasting 4yrs of my life lol....people say its the best 4yrs of ure life, only if u stay in the actual uni it is....

i went to college and i found it very useful for my job (chef) but i unfortunately had to give that job up (for medical reasons) and now im stuck in a dead end job in a crappy computer shop and i am currently doing open university (a short science course just sent off the work :cheers: ) and i am now trying to become a trainee environmental health officer. which is harder than you may think because im not a fresh from school cheeapy trainee. so basically im saying get some education and keep on learning all through you life because you never know what crap its gonna throw at you next and mess up your plans. oh and you probably wont have a job related to your course when you get in the real world cos thats the way it is :D :cheers:

personally I think it would be very important to go to uni, but you have to be doing somthing that you enjoy. I have had to put going to uni back a year because I decided that the career i wanted to persue would not keep my attention, which is why i have chosen to do a degree in somthing that i have been interested in for as long as i can remember. Marc, you say you are not enjoying your uni course, if you were to leave then what would you do? get a job working with computers no doubt, as that is what you have been studying for the past years, this would be a negative step as you would not enjoy the job by the sounds of it you need to do somthing that you will really enjoy, as you will have to do it for the rest of your life

There are many good reasons to study for a degree at university: here are some of them...

'a degree will help me to get on in my career'

'it will make me a more informed parent'

'I want to be an architect'

'All my friends went to university, I'd like to do the same'

'I want to make my hobby my career'

'I have a lot of experience from my voluntary work, now I am interested in taking a qualification in this area so I will be more likely to secure paid employment in this type of occupation'

'I'm bored with my job and want to do something more fulfilling'

'University was not an option that was ever discussed with me when I was at school-pupils of my gender/social class/ethnic group were not expected to have such aspirations. Things are so different now, and I deserve to have the chance now that I was not given then'

'Theres tonnes of birds there who want to be taken in a wide range of positions'

' I want to be an alcoholic'

' I want to put off work for as long as possible'

...........plus the fact I know people with uni degree's who work in Tesco 'cos they can't get a job.

Sorry, but I find that hilarious :roll:

Thats when vocational degrees are better, its people with degrees in 17century history and the like I dont understand, doesnt set you up for a career,

cheers 'people'....would have said lads, but ladiesss replied too! ;)

well if i did leave, id try and get a job where they would train u up to wateva the job was for, and then take short courses to boost up my qualifications.

iv seen a few courses where i pay for it , and come out with a microsoft qualification or similar, which is recognised but most companies.

well im gonna give uni a go til xmas, and see if i pass the exams. only thing is tho, if i leave, iv gotta pay off my 6k loan iv had!!! 8o