RWYB September 2005

Muppje

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all was a good day just my car wasnt running right at all Fcuker broke down on the way home spent 15 mins trying to find out what it was couldnt then she ran fine pissing thing anyone want to give me a box of matches and some petrol ! best run i got was 17.2 and was well happy to beat a wrx to the first 60 yards by .208 that was on my fist run then things satarted going wrong with the old girl shes in the garage now then going for a uni chip my mapping is all over the place and she wont even tick over properly any more !think she is about had it :(

hey all was a good day just my car wasnt running right at all Fcuker broke down on the way home spent 15 mins trying to find out what it was couldnt then she ran fine pissing thing anyone want to give me a box of matches and some petrol ! best run i got was 17.2 and was well happy to beat a wrx to the first 60 yards by .208 that was on my fist run then things satarted going wrong with the old girl shes in the garage now then going for a uni chip my mapping is all over the place and she wont even tick over properly any more !think she is about had it :(

Nice to meet u mate.. sorry about the car i think u need to get her either on a ford diagnostics machine or rolling road and see what they think... first step mate get it done properly!

Hey Ralph just wonderin but did you change into 4th on your runs? Your still running the 1.6 box like me but I woz thinkin it woz runnin outta puff in 3rd?! I thought less changes would be best but I'm not so sure now! :(

Deffo strippin the car down for next time! :devil:

seems a lot faster from the few who have posted to what is was last year compared to the times lee and ross go t:)

that'll be cos they ve had new engines then :rolleyes: :D

no 1.8 I seen got near 17.1 :P :cheers:

no i just meant like ralphs 2.0 beat ross throttle bodies 1.8 by about half a seccond, even though he has about 40bhp les s :)

30bhp less actually, and 10lb/ft more...

Obviously Ralph got very good starts, and of course its stripped :)

.....so where does my name come into it?

just going with what power yours and ralphs was rr'd at :)

Andy - my 2.0 ecu will be for sale within 6 weeks. Redlines at 6750.

It's yours if you can wait that long? :cheers:

I was going to 6500 in 1st, and about 6300 in 2nd. Changing early would certainly have hampered my times.

What was Lees torque?

Would be very surprised if it was anywhere near 130 :)

I was going to 6500 in 1st, and about 6300 in 2nd. Changing early would certainly have hampered my times.

What was Lees torque?

I cant remember for the life of me, but the biggest difference is the weight i'd have thought :)

What was Lees torque?

if i havent got 1 then defo mate cheers

What was Lees torque?

Surely the old cams need to be taken into account here too??? its not just the engine ECU that limits the rev range....

Surely the old cams need to be taken into account here too??? its not just the engine ECU that limits the rev range....

yeah but im using a manual zetec engine on a auto ecu and they have a lower rev range