TruckFest @ Santa Pod 19/08/2006

marsbar1973

Done the trip to TruckFest today, and took the boys along. A good time was had by all, and many pictures taken.

Sat for hours watching the racing. The trucks were amazing, and when warmed up cracked the 100 mph target they set themselves down the strip. The drag racers were sooo loud it hurt the kids ears and you could feel the vibration in your chest. There was also some American Muscle Cars going for it, aswell as a couple of others including a BMW. :) That BMW looked so slow against the rest! One of the yellow Mustang's broke down and had to be pushed off the strip, it had only done one run previous! Was 3 jet powered vehicles there, god the noise was awesome! Plenty of burnout's as you'd expect, and loved being in the stand directly behind while it was all going on. I was so dirty by the end of the day! (No comments, thank you!)

I'd forgotten what it was like on a day there like this. Last time I went to one of these I was about 12 when my old man took me. I've missed it so much. I've got the bug back again, and now my boys have got it! Anyone know the nearest place for banger racing to Bedford? I HAVE to get back into that!

This Capri was one of the fastest cars there.

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

On the way out there was this :D

DSCN0245.jpg

All pictures here if you fancy a browse, as there's too many to post. :)

TruckFest PhotoBucket.

Awesome Marcia :cheers:

I assume this was just a smaller truckfest event in addition to the main ones..... what a great idea having it @ Pod, so to combine Truck Racing with showing :thumb:

Did Driver Hire have a stand? Did they have their radio controlled truck which you have to reverse into a bay amongst other vehicles? :D

What kind of times were the trucks getting? I guess low 14s if they had 100mph terminals? I think they're limited to 120mph on the racetrack :)

It was a much smaller show Ralph, smaller than I expected to be honest.

Driver Hire was'nt there, but I would've loved to have seen the remote truck. :)

The best truck time was a high 13. It was quite surprising seeing how some of them shifted, I never expected them to be as quick as that.

One of the drag cars got 131mph down the strip, which IIRC was approx 8 seconds! :blink:

Something blew on the car below and water spewed everywhere, sending him "skating" about the track. He impacted on the wall. Luckily the damage was'nt too bad and it happened when at the start. Took them about 10 minutes to clean and dry the track.

DSCN0237.jpg

:cheers:

Lee R - Cheers for the info, I'll be looking into the Banger Racing Shows. :D

Edited by marsbar1973

thanks for them pics, couldn't make it as myself and Caroline were both working Sat/Sun nights but would loved to have gone

deffo pic of the show from your pics account is this

DSCN0201.jpg

and this one next

DSCN0181.jpg

any more pics of this?? eg the front??

DSCN0209.jpg

:cheers:

Come on Ross, you just knew it was going to be a Peterbuilt or Kenworth!! :D Can't quite see the badfe well enough to tell though.

That 105 XF is amazing.... especially next to the 95 of just a few years less. Worrying how dated the 95XF looks in comparison!!

Coles & Son can always be relied upon to produce some awesome Scanias at the shows!! :thumb: