2008 Formula 1 Thread

danposs86

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

long sweeping left hander

That corners called Blanchimont :thumb:

What everyone has to remember is that the FIA is a collaboration of countries and motoring organisations not just one person making up the rules... Personally I think the race stewards decision was a little harsh allowing Massa and Heidfeld to move ahead on the podium considering Hamiltion had been leading most of the race... But rules are rules I guess no matter how cloudy they are

Three, actually.

race stewards Nicholas Deschaux, Surinder Thatti and Yves Bacquelaine

Yup. Sounds like there's an english representative there to me, too.

Scandalous.

It showed that, having lifted [off the accelerator], Lewis was 6kph slower than Kimi as they crossed the start-finish line.

And as Hamilton said

If there's a penalty, then there's something wrong because I was ahead going into that corner, so I didn't gain an advantage from it

How can he gain an advantage if he was in front already?!

Anyway.... On a lighter note for people who know a little about F1 past, Riccardo Patrese is jumping back into an F1 car later this week at Jerez:

Ex-Formula One driver Riccardo Patrese, who raced in 256 Grands Prix between 1977 and 1993, will get a taste of a modern Formula One car on Tuesday courtesy of Honda. Patrese will take the wheel of last year's Honda RA107 at the Jerez circuit in southern Spain.

Whilst taking part in a celebratory golf tournament, Patrese mentioned that he would love to try out a Honda Formula One car, and the team say they are delighted to give him this opportunity.

During his 17-year Formula One career, Patrese achieved six wins, 37 podiums, eight pole positions and 13 fastest laps during his 256 race starts. He is now a Formula One commentator on Italian television.

Todays update...

McLaren boss Ron Dennis revealed after the race that the team had checked with FIA race director Charlie Whiting that Hamilton had conformed to the rules, which require any advantage gained by short-cutting the course to be promptly rectified.

“Inevitably, we wanted to know whether that was deemed to be a correction so we checked with Charlie," Dennis told Ted Kravitz.

"Of course Charlie can only give an opinion because he's not the stewards, but he gave the opinion that we had complied properly to the regulations.”

In a statement released on Tuesday, Whitmarsh said the team was in fact given two separate assurances that Hamilton had behaved correctly – and that, had it not been given the thumbs-up, it would have told its driver to let Raikkonen back through.

“From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm that they were comfortable that Lewis had allowed Kimi to repass, and they confirmed twice that they believed that the position had been given back in a manner that was ‘okay’,” said Whitmarsh.

“If Race Control had instead expressed any concern regarding Lewis’s actions at that time, we would have instructed Lewis to allow Kimi to repass for a second time.”

they better re-instate Lewis's win and all the points or it'll be a massive injustice. Lewis wasnt happy with the politics last year and this year its the same,its enough to make a newbie just think "Balls to it"

Good race tho and very entertaining last few laps

they better re-instate Lewis's win and all the points or it'll be a massive injustice. Lewis wasnt happy with the politics last year and this year its the same,its enough to make a newbie just think "Balls to it"

Yeah right :roll: :roll:

He is still racking in the cash, hes got many years left in him, he will win it one year.

Yeah right :roll: :roll:

He is still racking in the cash, hes got many years left in him, he will win it one year.

not that he has any say in it, apparently

Another good race yesturday, nice to see some other teams getting good results for a change! With the championship closed to just 1 point now hopefully it will be like last year going into Interlagos, Brazil with the championship decided in the last race...

Yup another entertaining race, with heki's podium & lewis's contribution yesterday mclaren are starting to catch up in the constructors championship to, well done vettel, he was pulling away from everyone in the wet (apart from lewis).

Some brilliant over/undertaking moves pulled off under-braking, came up to what driver had the most mineral's!

Am I the only person that thinks Ron Dennis should hire a strategy guy just to deal with the tyres? How many times has hamilton and the mclaren team in general messed up because they pick the wrong tyre?

couldn't agree more! i can remember a few wrong decision's myself, i'll send them my c.v :D

Edited by Yule