insurancing a write off

GingeRS2K

I'm currently insured with Equity Redstar through Adrian Flux at the moment on the RS2000, I changed my policy over a couple months back from the RS to my mk5 cab while it was in the bodyshop n changed it over when i got it back. No Probs there.

Now some of u know I've brought an Si for a low £200 with no T&T, when I tried to phone them to get the cover transfered over so i could use the si as a daily runner n the RS for shows, explained to them this n they said fine, n told them that i had no log book for it and had been in a slight bump, And the insurance took the log book for it, however dont know what category it was so told them it was Cat D, they asked how much I paid for it n i Said £200 they turned around refusing to cover me or find me an insurer to cover me, told them the Si had no tax or MOT but Obviously when it does the value of it should be slightly more than what i paid for it. And they replied sayin had no market for it at that price and age of car.

So does any one have any advice or know an ins company that'll insure a cat d car?

Cheers

Andy.