cams

RS200016V

I'm just currently getting the money together for another magnex to be put on the other side of my car, so i will have two. after i wanna start tuning the engine... if i had all the parts, like, for a cam kit, how much would the labour cost? approximately? i have an RS2K16v DOHC. anyone done this before? what kinda improvements would it make? also i am realy realy realy considering a Dastek unichip. they sound exactly what i want.

if anyone has one, do u know if i had a laptop in the car all the time, could i change it to do different things? like different modes?

Kent claim 18 bhp gain for the 'RS2001' profile cam. Depending on mileage you should also change camchain at the same time, either way you will need a new cam chain tensioner as it is not re-useable. The cams cost around £170 exchange from Burton Power. Log on to RS2000-16V.com and ask Cornholio about the difference a 'superchip' makes after doing cams and zorst.

• 2 weeks later...
if anyone has one, do u know if i had a laptop in the car all the time, could i change it to do different things? like different modes?

Someone has been spending too long watching fast & furious :roll:

I've just ordered one for mine.

http://hometown.aol.com/emeraldm3d/

This way I am not tied in to any one tuner and can rough map it myself :)

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

yes i have been watchin too much F/F.

but it sounds like a good idea.

cos i wanna have the option of changing the car's performance.

like having different types of chip for the car in one, that u can easily select.

i guess i'm dreamin....

but RS2.3K, whats that thing u ordered?

and how much is it?

it sounds pretty much like what i want.

Emerald 3d engine managment with VAT throttle position sensor and coolent temp sensor and ecu to PC lead and a load of base maps to choose from to get you going £612.

I've just got hold of a set of four GSXR 750 throttle bodies, they're 42mm dia and only cost £60+vat 8)

I got the idea from here.

http://www.abdgraphics.com/iansite/ianthro...rottlebody2.htm

I will be using the original inlet manifold part of the RS2000 setup along with injectors and makin up an intermediate section to bridge the gap between the two.

There is no real point to having different maps for this and that, with the Emerald system you can run closed loop off the lambda for MOT idle emmisions and then do whatever you like with the rest of the mapping, IE map for maximum power all the way through.

Mark