only to rs23004x4

RS200016V

I'm running a Ford Galaxy 2.3 litre engine, almost identical cylinder block to RS2000 but has longer stroke and bigger bores. You will need to use RS2000 sump, oil pickup, mains bearing bolts, front timing cover, flywheel, clutch etc. and to make the RS2000 sump fit the RS2000 block you will have to get a small piece of metal inserted into the block because the Galaxy lump has gear driven balancer shafts that are in the sump and there is some miss match if your not using the Galaxy sump. DO NOT FORGET to block off the oil feed to the balancer shafts from the block if your using RS2000 sump.

I'm running with the Galaxy head skimmed 0.010 inches to give a 10.3:1 CR. If you use Galaxy head you will have to get plastic insulator that fits between head and plenum machined to take individual 'O' rings as the Rs2000 one piece o ring will not seal on this head. If you use RS2000 head you will need to lower compression by having the pistons machined as the 2 litre head has smaller combustion chamber and will give around 11.8:1 CR.

I built the engine myself and have a Vulcan gasflowed head, Kent RS2001 cams, Pulse air system remove from manifold, full balance job and a full Mongoose zorst. Still running it in and trying to find some one to map my ecu to match new spec. The price of conversion depends on how much you can do yourself, but at the end of the day there are more 2.3 litre Galaxy motors in the scarp yards tha there are RS2000 ones and the RS2000 has a weedy torque delivery.

Mark